❁ Putting 2 & 2 Together, Literally ❁

Start from the beginning

He had lied and said that he was mad about that but he wasn't really.

In fact, he wanted both of them to get out because he couldn't even have looked at them right now, folding his arms at the same time.

They didn't leave though, they really wanted to make this right.

"Look, DeVante, we know you're mad at us for interfering with your love life," Serayah lamented. "But we're really sorry."

"Yeah, and we're tired of saying sorry because then it'll eventually lose its meaning. Just another cliché word. You get what I mean?" Solana had added, nodding. "Either way. You should talk to Katari. How does that sound?"

**********

"That's the worst idea I've ever heard!"

"Katari," Jordan Francis sighed. "No offence but you're kinda blowing this whole thing out of proportion. Okay, so DeVante had made fun of your music. But you made fun of his too, didn't you?"

As Solana and Serayah had suggested that DeVante should have talked to Katari, the boys had coincidentally suggested the same thing at the same time.

But the other way around.

"We made fun of each other's music."

"Yeah, but who started it?" Severin wanted to know, with him and Jordan Francis looking at her.

She didn't say anything, instead she had just looked at Severin... then Jordan Francis.

Then Severin again.

Katari rolled her eyes.

There was a lot of staring but there wasn't enough talking to each other.

"To be fair, we kind of started the argument at the same time," Katari had admitted truthfully, with the boys high fiving each other because that was kind of what they had predicted.

"Yes. Exactly. So if you guys started the argument simultaneously, you should be able to fix it together too, right?" Jordan Francis had questioned.

Seemed as though they weren't taking no for an answer because it was true.

They weren't.

Although at the same time, it had made a lot of sense.

They were all friends here so it would have been awkward if Katari and DeVante "weren't talking" to each other.

"Okay, fine. I'll apologise to DeVante although if he doesn't forgive me then there's nothing I can do, I'm afraid."

Severin and Jordan Francis were perfectly fine with that, leaving Katari's room and going to DeVante's.

Katari had knocked on the door, where DeVante had opened it, with Solana and Serayah watching from behind to see what would have happened.

"What?"

"I'm sorry," Katari had whispered, winking at him secretly. "Your music ain't trash. Jodeci ain't that bad."

When DeVante had heard that, he had smiled to himself and he had apologised. 

They had made up, with the rest of them cheering and clapping.

DeVante and Katari had a huge confession to make though, with all of them glancing at them cluelessly since they wanted to know what it was.

"We fooled y'all!"

"We never argued," DeVante smiled, hugging Katari. "We were just messing with y'all 'cause you kind of got on our nerves all day."

The boys got on DeVante's nerves because they had kept on talking about how it was DeVante's "homework" to talk to Katari.

And the girls had gotten on Katari's on forcing her to come to the beach party even though she didn't want to come.

Some people would have been pretty furious at that but not the people this room, they got them pretty good.

Serayah was infuriated because they had all just tried to comfort each other for no reason, until Solana and Severin too for that matter had told her to just let everything go.

After that they had all gotten ready for the  beach costume party and the retreat went pretty well.

A few arguments but they managed to solve it.

But the problem had started on Day 5 of the retreat (the retreat was 7 days in total) when Severin had started dreaming about another woman in the room.

That wasn't his girl...