❁ Putting 2 & 2 Together, Literally ❁

Start from the beginning

The boys had shared one room whilst the girls had shared another.

Couples would have shared a room but they didn't because not everybody here had a significant other so the makers of the retreat didn't want single people to feel left out.

But then what if your roommates fight? Someone had asked when Alicia Keys had told them this back at that meeting before the retreat had actually started.

Better for you to fight with your roommates than your significant other, right?

Obviously not fighting at all was the best option but even that was impossible for some people sometimes.

"This all your fault," DeVante had scowled when he had seen them, not even looking at them. "If neither of y'all had gotten involved in my love life then none of this would have happened."

The girls didn't say anything to each other, before sitting down on each side of DeVante.

Serayah was on his left.

Solana was on his right.

"DeVante, we're sorry."

"Why are y'all dragging me into your problems for, huh?" He had hissed, standing up, with the girls just staring at him. "You could have comforted Katari yourselves about this. I really don't know why you had to bring me into it."

To be fair that was kind of true.

DeVante didn't deserve to be brought into this at all.

Now he had kind of thought that they were sabotaging his relationship.

Why?

Because Katari might have been the only single girl that DeVante could have met at this retreat.

He could have met other girls too of course, but how many of them would have been single?

And due to Solana and Serayah, DeVante had blown it.

"It's just—"

"And how did Katari know about me before?"
DeVante had ranted. "We had never talked to each other. Were you guys talking about me behind my back?"

The girls had freaked out at that, kind of whisper arguing with each other over who should have answered the question.

Serayah had done so in the end because Solana had seemed to be saying everything.

"Yes but it was only because we believed that you were the right person for Katari," Serayah had replied. "Plus didn't Severin and Jordan Francis talk to you about her?"

"Yes, and I believe that both of us said that we weren't right for each other," DeVante had answered. "Whether we had met each other or not, we didn't need you guys interfering for us because look at what's happened. You guys must have influenced Katari pretty hard if she ended up lying and saying that I was her man during Truth or Dare."