Chapter 52. Special circumstances

Shen waved his hand in front of the young mister E. His eyes were still wide open, but there was no awareness in his gaze.

«You deceived me!» in his hearts he exclaimed mentally, not at all sure that the "something" with whom he made a deal would hear him. (In fact, it would have been better if it hadn't heard, otherwise it would have become quite creepy.)

Shen pinched his cheek. I pulled my hair. I drove the needle under the nail. Nothing forced mister E to react. Dejected, he sat down on the edge of the bed, facing away from him.

It would be better, probably, he let him die even then. Now it was not at all clear whether he was alive or dead. It seems that Shen began to become like the headman, who did not want to believe in the death of his son. The Lord of Cursed Peak used to swear at him that way. And now he himself repeats his mistakes.

Probably, it would be more merciful to end the existence of this useless body, to give the soul the opportunity to go further, not to languish in this spoiled shell. Shen imagined driving the blade into his heart. Is it difficult or not difficult to do? But is he the one who has the right to do such a thing?

Even if nothing is done, this body will soon be unable to breathe without feeding the energy of the black pool. Maybe you should admit your mistake and just leave it as it is? But, since it still didn't work out, maybe you can try it at the same time? Is it too far-fetched? But those Coldfire cultists were the first to admire his special blood. And yet Shen felt extremely ridiculous when he cut his hand and let a couple of drops of blood roll down his palm and fall on the lips of young mister E. «I never thought that I would ever feel like a vampire conducting initiation...» remarked he to System.

Removing his hand, he looked expectantly into the face of the young mister E. His lips were colored scarlet, contrasting with the milky-pale face, but nothing happened. Pulling away in frustration, Shen turned away, sighed, and then quickly left the room.

Apparently that's all.

"And you called it "the crew"?!"

On the threshold in front of the main gate stood an open wagon, which usually carried goods, drawn by a decrepit nag.

"You have no idea how hard it was for me to bargain even for this in this clogged village," Muan responded dryly.

"That would have left the poor residents a vehicle, why do they need your money in the middle of nothing?"

Since Muan's arguments were over, he again held out his hands, inviting Shen to climb.

"I'm actually much better," he said.

"And I really won't let you fly on the sword, no matter what you might argue," the Glory Peak Lord retorted.

"Do you know what's worse than a super caring comrade?" Shen asked inquisitively.

Sensing the catch in his words, Muan shook his head.

"Not a very smart, over-caring comrade," Shen said immediately.

Instead of answering, Muan grabbed him across the body in one imperceptibly quick movement and lifted him into the air. Before he knew it, Shen was standing in the wagon.

He froze in confusion, trying to remember the sequence of movements Muan had done. Realizing that he is not in vain in his post, Shen said:

"Do not run up. If I use my forces against you, you will not be able to defend yourself either."

"You won't do that," Muan said with absolute certainty.

Shen looked at him in surprise. I never thought I had earned such unconditional trust from the Lord of the Glory Peak.