The Pharaoh

Marie pov:

After coming home from school, I was bored out of my mind. I did my homework, but I had nothing to do afterwards. I groan and spin around on my desk chair. "What's wrong Marie?" Tikki asks while sitting on my desk. "Nothing Tikki, I'm just a little bored that's all." I give her a smile. She opens her mouth to speak but is interrupted by a loud squeal. Lilli. "Lilli must have found some interesting superhero news." I tell Tikki. She giggles. "Isn't that her 'Alya posted an update on the Ladyblog' " squeal? "Yes. Yes it is." I laugh. "I know all her and Ari's squeals." I turn on my computer. "I wonder what she posted today!" I open the Ladyblog and click on the video that was posted recently. The thumbnail looks like the video was taken during an akuma attack yesterday. I smile as I watch Alya record all of Cat Noir and I's battle.

I watch happily until we get to a horrible scene. "Don't blink now, 'cause we are live from Paris. Yo peeps, Alya here, bringing you the one and only Ladyblog." Helicopter noises are heard. "Huh? What is that?" I- I mean Ladybug flies by, screaming and hanging on to a helicopter by my- I- her yoyo. As I- she- flies by she drops a book. My history textbook. No wonder I couldn't find it! But that's not the worst part. "Ladybug in action. Hang on 'cause we're going for a ride." Alya says as she runs over and picks up the book. "Freak out! What you got here is no ordinary book, it's a tenth grade history book. And I should know, 'cause I've got this very same book. Could our very own Ladybug be a high school student, in real life? Whoa!" I totally freak out. "I told you from day one Tikki, I'm a total klutz!"

I put my head down on my desk. "What's done is done. We can't change what happened. We can only move forward. Alya must not find out who you are. You know how persistent she can be with her blog totally dedicated to Ladybug." Tikki says floating from above my monitor and sitting on my desk next to my elbow. "But how? Maybe I'm not cut out for this whole Ladybug thing." I say muffled with my face still hidden. "You are the chosen one, Marie. It will all work out, trust me.

"I look at her as she sits on my wrist. Everyone has a past they can learn from." Tikki floats up and types on the computer and bringing up a page on Egyptian pharaohs. "This will show you why." "An exhibition at the Louvre? On the pharaoh Tutankhamun? What does that have to do with my book and Alya?" I question. "You must persuade Alya to go there with you, and make sure she brings the book. You'll tell her you found out something about Ladybug." "At the museum?" "You'll see!" She says positively. "Well, I don't know how I'm gonna convince Alya to go to an Egyptian exhibit, much less convince her that I'm not Ladybug!"
"She will be interested, and so will you. Promise." Tikki assures.

I smile and stroke Tikki's cheek. She's the cutest! Tikki hides as I hear a knock on my door. "Come in" My sister Lilli comes in squealing. "Oh em gee!! Marieeee! Did you see Alya's video!! Ladybug could be a high schooler! She could be in your grade!" She gasps. "Maybe....in your class!" She smirks. "Maybe YOU'RE Ladybug!" OH NO. I go wide-eyed. "GAH! NO! I mean...D-Definitely not!" "It's a possibility~" Lilli smirks. "I mean you did loose your text book." "Lilli, you know full well that I'm a klutz. I loose everything." "Yea...but ironic that you AND Ladybug looses something at the same time!" She skips out my room. "I'll drop you from my investigation as soon as Alya does~!" She says in a sing-songy voice. Tikki flies back out and I groan and lay my head on my desk. "Great! I have to convince Alya AND my 12 year old sister that I'm not Ladybug." I sigh. It's going to be a challenge trying it convince Alya and my seventh grader sister that I'm not a superhero.

~
The next morning Alya and I take a bus to the Louvre. "Can you believe it? All I gotta do is find to do who this history book belongs to and BAM, I figure out Ladybug's true identity! I'm so on this one!" Alya tells me as we step off the bus. "You really think you could figure out who Ladybug is from a textbook that every high school student owns?" "Yep." Alya says confidently. " 'Cause our school is the only school that uses that book! HA! So, all I gotta do is find out which girl in tenth grade lost her history book last week. There are forty-three girls, not counting myself--" "Forty-two! Not count you... or me." I add. Alya elbows me. "Hmm, yesterday somebody didn't have their textbook in class." I give a nervous squeak. "Uh-- I left it at home. You know how I always forget my stuff." "Hmm..." Alya laughs. "Just messing with you, Marie. Of course I'll only drop you from my investigation when you bring your history book back to class." Great. That's what Lilli said. At least if Alya drops the investigation, so will Lilli.