𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 7: 𝙲𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙿𝚘𝚔𝚎́𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝙶𝚘𝚑

"Yesterday was awesome. Right, buddy?" Ash asked as he lazed in bed.

"Pi? Pikapi?" Pikachu yawned, "Pikachu-pika!"

Ash smiled, "Good morning, Pikachu."

Chloe poked her head into Ash's tent. "Breakfast is ready. C'mon, Ash!"

Ash headed out and heard Goh say, "I'm going to catch more Pokémon today!"

Catching Pokémon? Huh, he hadn't caught one in a long time. "Eevoi!" Chloe's Eevee seems to want her trainer to catch more Pokémon too.

"Pika pika!"

Ash looked at Pikachu, "All right, Pikachu! We'll get a new friend today."

After breakfast, Goh loaded his suitcase up with Pokéballs. Chloe put quite a few into her bag while Ash stuffed one into his pocket.

They saw a Ralts. "Why don't you have a go, Chloe?" Goh asked. "Huh? Me? B-but I can't-"

"You never know until you try, " Ash smiled.

"Eevoi!"

Chloe smiled at Eevee. "Okay, use Swift!"

Eevee used Swift and weakened the Ralts. Chloe threw the Pokéball. It rolled three times before making the "Ding!" sound. Chloe hugged her partner, "Eevee, we did it! We did it together!"

"Vee!" Eevee chirped happily.

Chloe let the Ralts out and promised Goh that she'd use it to battle against Mew after his consistant pleads. Along the way, they met many wild Pokémon.

"Pokéball, go!"

Ash heard Goh yell for the fifteenth time. He gotta be happy now, adding so many more Pokémon to his collection. Even after being given Mew, he was still determined to catch one of every single Pokémon in the world.

Just then, the group heard a loud bang. Ash spun around and heard a Pokémon's cry. He darted into the woods with Pikachu closely behind him.

"Ash, wait!" Bonnie shouted as they all followed suit.

Ash heard his friends but did not slow down. He stopped at a clearing. A few men with matching black uniforms with the letter "R" printed on them were locking the wild Pokémon up in small cages. "Team Rocket, " he muttered. Then, he heard a cry. He saw a black Pokémon growling at a Grunt while trying to break the cage. It must want to save its friends. Max and Bonnie saw the Team Rocket Grunts and gasped.

Ash stepped out into the clearing. He took out a Psychic-type Pokémon. "Uxie, break all the cages with Psychic, " he whispered.

"Uxie. " Uxie waved his hands and the metal cages shattered.

The Team Rocket Grunts were alarmed upon witnessing what had happened. The forest Pokémon took off like lightning and were soon out of sight. They sighed, another failure. The tiny black Pokémon saw this human save his friends. He was grateful for it.

"Zorua, " he said, approaching the boy.

"Hey, I'm sorry Team Rocket tried to take your friends. Be careful, okay?" Ash patted Zorua on his head.

"Zorua!"

"He wants to join you, " Pikachu told Ash happily.

"Since when did you learn how to speak like Meowth?" Ash whispered to Pikachu before turning to Zorua, "Are you sure, Zorua?"

"Zorua!"

Ash smiled and captured Zorua. 1... 2... 3... Ding! He released Zorua, who was crushed by a hug from Pikachu. Ash chuckled at the sight. He wished he had brought Dragonite.

"Welcome to the family, Zorua!"