Chapter Ten: Abundant Dulcibus Vitiis

(Lincoln's POV)

"Hello?"

"Hey."

"Hi." I could practically hear her smile.

"I'm gonna have to cancel on you this Saturday."

"That's okay."

"You're not going to ask why?"

"I figure it's for work. You said it yourself that you're a workaholic. Unless you're canceling on me to go on a date."

I laughed. "No date. It is for business."

"You're lucky I'm an understanding person and that I have a huge order to get ready or else I'd be smad."

"Smad?" I asked, leaning back in my chair.

"Sad and mad."

"What's the huge order for?"

"Not sure. The lady just told me what she wants and where to deliver it."

"Do you need help with it?"

"My mom and dad said they'll come help me tomorrow."

"That's good."

"Yeah. I think they're starting to go stir crazy from staying inside the house all day. Only time they really go out is when mom has to go to the doctor, dad runs to the grocery store, or they need to go to the pharmacy."

"Well I'm glad they're getting out to help you." I smiled as I heard the faint sound of the bell above the door. "You have a customer?"

"I do."

"Can I call you later?"

"I'd like that. Have a good day."

"You too."

I couldn't help but smile as I put my phone down.

We've spent three Saturday's together and they've been....fantastic. I get to the shop a few hours before closing and help her with some orders until closing. If there's no orders then she teaches me everything and anything she can about flowers. I mostly just enjoy listening to her talk, but I also like learning new things.

Once the shop is closed, we get takeout from that Chinese place and then go back to the shop. The last two Saturday's we've gone for walks after it gets dark. She likes to walk to the nearby park where they have a seasonal light display. The winter display is....well winter themed.

"Mr. Rockwell?" Gabby said, poking her head inside my office.

"Yeah?"

"Security just called. Your....stepfather is downstairs and demanding to see you. Says he won't leave until that happens."

I rolled my eyes. "I'll take care of it. Thank you, Gabby."

"Of course, sir."

I called the security desk as soon as she stepped out.

"Security."

"This is Mr. Rockwell. I hear my stepfather is causing an issue."

"He's being very loud and refused to leave, sir."

"You're security, right?"

"Yes sir."

"You work for me, right?"

"Yes sir."

"I do not wish to speak to him, so please do your job and removed him from the building."