Chapter Nine: Nemo Sine Vitiis Nascitur

(Amaryllis's POV)

Lincoln drove us to get the food and then drove us back to the shop. We agreed to eat at the shop which was technically my place. In the back of the shop is a little room that is technically a lunchroom, but that's not what I use it for.

"Thank you for letting me help earlier. I like learning new things. You are an excellent teacher." He said, opening all the containers.

"Really? You're the first person who has ever offered to help. Besides a guy from down the street, but I don't really count him."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't think he genuinely wants to help. I think he just wants an excuse to spend hours with me and get close to me."

He smirked. "How do you know that's not the only reason I asked to help?"

"That may have been your initial reason, but you actually enjoyed helping." I smiled, shoving a forkful of noodles in my mouth.

"Got me there."

"So tell me about you."

"About me?"

I nodded.

He leaned back in the chair and crossed his arms. I got slightly distracted by his biceps straining against the sleeves as he did so and had to refocus on his very fine face.

"I am twenty-four. My favorite color is green. My favorite food is anything Italian or Chinese. I have a lot of favorite movies and TV shows. My favorite season is fall. I enjoy going to the beach. I have two older brothers and a younger sister. I work in the....family business and I have five master degrees all pertaining to business; business management, marketing, finance, international business, and project management."

"Five master degrees? How are you twenty-three and have that many degrees?"

"Graduated high school early and took on three degrees at once."

"That all sounds like good things. Tell me something bad about you."

"Bad?"

"Yep."

"I don't like people."

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Oh how dare you not like people." I teased.

He grinned and shrugged. "I am very....cautious with who I trust and befriend. People who are my friends and whom I don't trust are.....an annoyance."

"Are we friends?"

"Of course. I don't buy just anyone dinner."

"Give me something else."

"Um.....I can't cook. Does that work?"

"I'll accept that as your bad quality."

"Fantastic. It's your turn now. Give me everything."

"I am twenty-two. My favorite color is blue, but sometimes purple. My favorite food is pizza....oh and nachos....and anything involving chicken. I really love all kinds of movies and my favorite TV shows are 911, 911 Lone Star, and Grey's Anatomy. I love spring and early fall. I also enjoy the beach. I am an only child and I too work in the family business. Also, I have an unfinished degree in botany."

"Why unfinished?"

"My mom got sick and I had to come back to help out with her and the shop."

"Do you want to finish it?"

"I'd love too. Maybe one day I will."

"So what's your bad thing? What's your flaw?"

"You can't tell anyone. My reputation as a florist would crash and burn."