"is the child here with us today?" he asked and looked at the three children.

"yes sir she is, rayne." troy said and rayne stood as she felt her parents eyes burning into her skin.

"very well, please sit young lady." rayne did as told and sat down letting out a small breath.

"mr and mrs. wilson what do you say of this?" judge mcneil asked the two.

"we do everything we do out of love, rayne has ran away from home and over to the king residence plenty of times and we simply rely on discipline." kylie said and shrugged her shoulders a small bit.

"discipline? you beat that child till she turned damn near black and blue." troy spoke out of term and wiz grabbed her hand to calm her down.

"is there evidence showing signs of such accusations?" judge mcneil knew it was true, but this was all apart of his job.

"yes sir, page 3 of the photos." wiz spoke this time as the officer took the file of paperwork from him.

"mr and mrs. wilson this looks like abuse to me, care to give further explanation. matter of fact i'd like the child, rayne, is it? to step up to the stand." he said and closed to manila folder.

he waved rayne over, "come on over here for a moment sweetheart."

the officer escorted rayne to the stand and she sat down, her hands fell into her lap and she fiddled with the small rings on her hand.

"rayne, if you wouldn't mind please explain in summary of what's been going on at home." judge mcneil said as he turned slightly to face her.

"well um." she started and locked eyes with her parents who held hard faces which feared her as the horrific events played in the back of her head.

"everything really started when i was five, it was just name calling and such but after i turned seven that was the first time my daddy ever hit me. um after that it became somewhat of a every other day thing, it got worse after i turned ten though."

"i tried to um- i tried to commit suicide and i woke up in the hospital. my mama was there and she said that i was a mistake and she was sorry that they chose to keep me." rayne started and stared down into her lap.

"a little after that they would hit me for the smallest things and sometimes for their own pleasure, here, today i have three broken ribs because of the last beating i took from them." she finished and looked up, troy nodded at her before wiping her face.

"and what does the king family give you that your own parents don't? how come you like being with them so much?" the judge asked.

rayne wanted ask him if he was seriously asking her such a dumb question, but she kept it to herself before answering.

"they give me a place i can actually call home, over there it's like i have a little sister and a big brother to call my own. it's not even just them, their family members are wonderful people too, they make me feel apart of the family. mama t and mr. k have been more of mama and daddy to me than my own parents and i appreciate them a lot for it."

"i feel safe with them because that's my family, being with my own parents i feel like a stranger in my own home, but with the king's i feel loved." rayne now had her head held as high as ever with a bright smile to her face.