"Bro! Welcome to my humble abode," Landon grinned, "Mi casa, su casa."

"Hey bud." Tucker chuckled at his friend's childish antics.

The two cracked open beers and were watching and discussing the live game that was on the television. After so long of going back home to an empty place, Tucker was very appreciative of the simple nature of hanging out with a friend, and not doing much.

Landon had called his flatmate, Isaac, to bring some ingredients from the grocery store on his way back home. Tucker insisted on cooking, but the bachelor pad barely had enough to whip up a decent meal. After about an hour or so, Isaac reached home.

"Hey shithead," Isaac looked from Landon to Tucker, "Oh, hey Tucker. Been long."

"Yeah man, what's been up?" Tucker nodded, very familiar with the bro language.

"Corporate slavery, what else?" Isaac said with a poker face as he unpacked the groceries, "Do an MBA they said. Life will be easier after that, they said."

"I sense the pain," Tucker chuckled, "Average day in the life of a consultant, I'm guessing."

"Don't undermine your own pain, I'm sure lawyers aren't swimming in sunshine and rainbows, either." Isaac replied.

"Speaking of rainbows," Landon interrupted the two, a smirk on his face, "What's up with your boy troubles now, Tuck?"

"No boy. No troubles." Tucker answered, taking a long sip.

"Interesting," Landon hummed, as he took a few steps back slowly, "You two keep flirting then, I'll go back to the game."

"That idiot has no filter." Tucker shook his head in amusement as Landon left the kitchen.

"Trust me, I know," Isaac scoffed, "Sometimes I wonder if he's actually an adult or just a child in a grown up body suit."

"Hasn't changed one bit since law school." Tucker laughed. Isaac left to freshen up and change after that, promising to come back and help Tucker in cooking.

Till Isaac got back, Tucker had done most of the preparations. The two of them cooked together while talking mostly about work. Isaac had recently done his MBA, and landed a job as a consultant in a huge firm.

Tucker usually thought of consultants and investment bankers to be piece of shit money hungry bastards, but Isaac was likeable and cute enough for Tucker to overlook that.

They called Landon for dinner once it was ready, and the manchild was upset about his team losing the game. The dinner was fun, nonetheless, Landon's constant whining made it more enjoyable. Landon was on dishes duty since Tucker and Isaac cooked. The other two stepped out in the balcony while Landon was cleaning up.

Isaac went to his room quickly, and came back with a rolled joint. He lit it up as the two of them stared at the view of the city from the balcony. Isaac offered the joint to Tucker, who shook his head and denied.

"Mandatory drug test is probably going to be soon," Tucker said, "Don't want to take any risks."

"Fair enough," Isaac shrugged, smoking on his own, "So, what were the boy troubles that Landon was talking about?"

"It's a long story." Tucker sighed.

"Humour me, come on." Isaac insisted.

"If I have to give you a short version.. there were two boys." Tucker replied, making Isaac chuckle.

"What a player," Isaac smirked, "Were?"

"The one I wanted dumped me, well, rightfully so," Tucker paused, "And the one I don't want wouldn't leave me alone."

"Does that have something to do with you coming over?" Isaac continued after a moment, "Not that I mind or anything, I like your company. But, just asking."

"Kind of. He—" Tucker was cut off by his phone ringing, he took it out of his pocket and picked up the call, "Hey Paige."

"Hi Tuck! You weren't asleep, right?" Paige asked.

"Nope, I'm at Landon's, what's up?" Tucker replied.

"Oh, that's actually so much more convenient. Can you go over to my place and water the plants tomorrow morning? Please, please, pretty please?" Paige requested.

"Don't you have a housekeeper?" Tucker frowned.

"Yeah but she didn't come yesterday and today. She isn't picking my calls and Stevie said she's not been coming in. Please, don't let my green babies die, Tucker!" Paige said dramatically.

"Fine, I'll head over there before work. How is the honey—"

"Thank you! Love you! Bye!" Paige stretched the bye and hung the call without listening to her brother. Tucker rolled his eyes, used to his sister's antics.

"Everything okay?" Isaac asked.

"Yeah, my sister just wants me to head to her place tomorrow to water her plants." Tucker answered.

"She still live downtown?" Isaac asked and Tucker nodded, "I'll give you a lift, it's on my way to work."

"You sure that's not a problem?" Tucker confirmed.

"Not at all." Isaac smiled.

"Thanks, man." Tucker said.

"Also," Isaac turned towards Tucker, looking at him with a sly smile on his face, "I don't know whether you're bunking with Landon or taking the couch but.. my bed is open."

***

Tuck is a ho