When Dawn Breaks

Greenskin Tribe Flag

—Ransacked town in the woods—Late afternoon———————————————

Screams... Gruesome gurgles and cries of pain echo around the place her family would call a camp. The group of men having found them immediately attacked without restraint. 'Why' She asked in her head. 'Why do they treat us like the green ones, why even do this.' Before her father could scream for them to run, half of his head exploded in a red mist. "John!" The mother screamed out before shielding her daughter from the sight. It was too late to run and she knew it. The men dressed in dirty and scavenged clothes already had surrounded them since the beginning.

"Looks like we got a couple of live ones here boys! Tie-'em both up and put the young'in with the rest." A taller standing man with slightly less dirty clothes commanded the rest. His eyes having dark lines under them.

"What about the older lassy "said one of the ash-faced men." 

He looked over the woman with a hunger in his eyes. "Just throw her in my tent when we set up camp. I'll give y'all a share after I'm done. Just don't complain when we move in the morning. Gotta keep those beasts off our trail."

Hearing this the mother froze. She was going to become someone's plaything and her daughter a slave. Before any of them could approach her she drew a small pocket knife and put it against the girl's throat. "I'm sorry Lucy," she said. Just before she could put strength in her weak arms she succumbed to the blunt blow to the back of her head. Her vision turning black.

The girl still witnessing all this can't find the courage to move at all.

"Dammit, don't try to hurt the merchandise too much! Said the dark-eyed man.

"You talking to me or the mother? Said a skinny man gripping the butt of his hunting rifle.

"Both, you baboons." Grunted the dark eyes. "Do you know how much I can get our group on the good side of the purebloods if we donate a fresh child! They would probably relent on the taxes if we give-'em the gurl."

As a few men drag away the mother, another grip the girl's shoulder and forces her to follow him to a large rusty van pulling up. Pieces of metal and pikes are welded to it, transforming it into a deadly DIY armored vehicle.

As the man holding her opened the back doors, the girl noticed many others with slightly older ages to her tied up in the van. They looked hungry and malnourished. Any signs of hope long extinguished from their eyes.

"Get in or your getting thrown," said the man in an impatient tone. "I wanna save my energy for yer mommy"

Not wanting to trigger the wrath of one of the men who already killed her father, she hopped in and he strung a tight knot around her wrists. Not wasting any more time he then hurriedly slammed shut the two doors and walked away. Darkness consumed her as she started to cry, the information just sinking in.