Chapter 10:

A loud crashing noise could be heard. We both lookup, seeing that someone had tackled the monster and pushed it outside of the building. It was the woman who asked about cell service on our cellphones.

The boy stood up, running up and trying to hold the gate up, as it was about to close, leaving the woman trapped outside with the monsters.

"Come on!" He yelled, as she struggled to crawl back inside, her leg seemed to be injured.

I rushed over reaching my arms out and grabbing her hands. I pulled her in, with the help of the boy, as the gate dropped to the ground.

The three of us back away from the gate, just as the creature reaches its long tongue inside, trying to reach us. As the tongue tries to grab us, blood sprays about, plashing onto me. I panic, looking for a weapon. I grab one of the books that had fallen from my box. I look back to the tongue, seeing it had opened up, looking almost like a starfish, with one point having a long claw at its end. 

I raise up the book, hitting the tongue multiple times as I release a panicked scream, tears now falling from my eyes.

The creature restricts its tongue, pulling it back outside of the gate. I watched as the tongue went back into the creature's mouth, before it turned walking away from the building.

It was silent now, except for the sounds of our labored breathing. Tears still fell from my eyes, as I tried to wrap my head around what had just happened.

Ji-eun's thoughts:

'A monster. That was a monster. A real monster. It killed a man. It was going to kill us. It could've killed me. I shot it. I shot a living creature. Was it even living?'

With these thoughts running through my head, I just barely hear the boy and woman communicating.

I looked at them, seeing the boy helping the women off of the ground, before he then turned to me. However, I then noticed my gun laying just beside his feet.

I scramble forwards, grabbing the gun and holding it to my chest.

I couldn't lose it.

The boy looks down to me, offering me his hand. I reach up, letting him pull me up from the ground.

Hearing the sound of the other residents returning to the main hall, I remember the gun in my hands. I panic, not knowing where to put it, as it might cause people to panic.

My bag was too far to reach without the other residents seeing me put the gun away. I looked around, noticing the slightly oversized shirt that the boy wore. I grabbed his hand, causing him to look down at me.

"Please... hide this... " I tell him, quickly shoving the gun into his hands.

As the residents got closer, he quickly lifted his shirt, before sliding the gun into the waistband of his pants. He dropped the shirt, turning around, just as the residents came over.