Chapter 10: Teacher Assistant

Edited

News had traveled fast of my breakup with Nathan. In fact it'd traveled so fast that the very next morning at school I could feel all eyeballs trained on me. I could hear the hushed whispers behind my back as I walked down the hall and with everyone I heard I could feel the on sought of coming tears, but I pushed them back. I wouldn't let these people influence my emotions. No, they wouldn't obtain the satisfaction at seeing me cry.

So, I held my head high, walking alongside Anna and talking to her since she was the only one who knew the real story behind my brake up with Nathan.

"I wish they'd just stop whispering about me," I told Anna, grabbing my geometry book out of my locker.

Anna sighed. "Just ignore them, Mallie. They're just trying to make you feel bad, but only you know why you broke up with him, ok? You shouldn't feel bad about feeling happier. No one deserves to feel like that every day."

I looked at her. "You're right, Anna, I just need to forget about them."

"Yeah," she smiled, before putting her hand on my shoulder, "hey, I'll see you at lunch alright?"

I nodded my head and we went our separate ways, since our first halves of the day—besides gym—we shared no classes together. There wasn't any class that I was particularly fond of during my first half of the day because I mean, who likes the morning? I'm not a morning person if you can't already tell.

I sighed and took my assigned seat in my Honors Geometry class, which was next to a guy named Jason. Jason was pretty... well, there was no other way to put it... badass. I'm not particularly fond of cuss words, but it was the only word that described. Well, rebel fits him pretty well, but it doesn't at the same time.

"Hey, Mallie," he did one of those head nods that boys do.

I smiled at him, taking my seat. "Hey, Jason,"

"You did your homework right?" he asked.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Remind me again how you're in this class?"

"The principal said, and I quote, 'You have potential Jason, you're just lazy!'" he chuckled.

I laughed, pulling out my paper. "That's one thing she's right about."

"Ouch!"

I laughed.

"Hey, Mallie!" I heard the voice of none other than Kaley.

I turned to look at her, immediately feeling sorry for her. Kaley was such a sweet person. I don't think people really realized how nice she was. It was just so unfair to her, to get treated like a total nobody by everyone else in this school. And it wasn't just that. Kaley got bullied too. I'd told the teachers millions of times, but they don't really seem to care. It was like no one cared about her.

I guess part of the fact that everyone did that to her was because she was so much more advanced in her classes then every other kid. Kaley was a freshman, who took almost all A.P classes—except for this one of course—and got full marks on every assignment. I'm convinced that one day she'll grow up and come up with this bizarre theory that'll—as crazy as it sounds—solve millions of worldwide problems.

I just wish these bullies would leave her alone.

I smiled at her. "Hey, Kaley!"

"How's your day so far?" she beamed.

"Pretty good, what about you?"

She nodded her head, genuinely smiling for what's been a long time. "Good,"

I smiled politely back at her, before turning back to Jason, who'd stolen my paper and was now copying down all the answers I had written, before he caught me looking at him.

I snatched my paper out of his hands. "Give me that!"

"Awww, come on I only had to copy down two more!" he argued.

"Then you can do those last two by yourself!" I cried.

I looked up, watching the teacher walk in before my heart almost literally stopped as I saw the boy who'd walked in behind her. The same, sea blue, crystalline eyes and perfect light brown hair.

It was Jared.

"Class," Mrs. Short smiled, "I'd like to introduce you to our Teacher Assistant. He'll be helping us out for the next month. This is Jared Reynolds."  

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey thanks for reading don't forge to vote and comment!

Follow me on Instagram: @katycwattpad

~Katy