Chapter 14 - we are hiding in Ithaca, NY

"It's about time." She said.

I paused, the woman had long hair, skinny and looked almost sickly, disconnecting herself from the helicopter but not taking off her sunglasses as she steps off. Avoiding the flashing blades of the helicopter.

"I..." I paused, hearing Daryl and Judith running from behind me to see what's happening.

"Is that?..." the woman whimpered, "Isabella... I'm Jadis..."

I paused, my breathing heaving in anger, "Did you take him? Rick?"

Jadis paused, looking away. "We needed his blood, Isabella." She shook her head, "He's okay, just Okay."

I grabbed my gun, shooting the pilots with furious rage behind my trembling hands as Judith ran to Maggie and Daryl running to my side, grabbing my gun from me. "Take us to him." Daryl nodded, "Please for the love of god take us to him!" I yelled.

Jadis looks down, nodding slowly. "you'll have to kill every single one of them, or distract them."
I growl, hopping on the helicopter as Daryl hesitantly followed, "I'll do anything. Who do I have to kill?" I panted, "Who do I have to tear apart?"

She looked past me and at Maggie, who looked at her was a blank stare, almost in shock as Judith had a hidden excitement yet fear.

"There are multiple guards at the outpost he is at. He changes outposts for his safety, since they are making a cure for this whole thing." She explained. "Why are you telling us this?" Daryl asks, "And why now!?"

She shook her head. "I had to convince them that I could be trusted enough to fly back here. And I feel terrible. I saved him, yet I destroyed him." Jadis looked away, I see the tears billowing in her eyes. Threatening to fall with the built up guilt.

I ran at her, roaring with pure rage and pain of years of not seeing him. Touching him and feeling his embrace, of being lonely and broken.

I punched her, my healing scars and scabs from the whips of the whisperers stung and burned as I punched her and punched her.

I won't cry until I see him, not yet.

"I don't care why you didn't bring me to him or stopped to even think about how everyone felt about your decisions. I care about HIM! He hasn't even met his own son! Get that helicopter working and take us to him!" I yelled, her nose red and warm blood dropped on the dead grass.

She nods frantically, pulling the dead pilots out of the seats.

"Mom wait!" Judith cried, "Mom hold on!"

I turn around, my breathing haggard as I smirked. "Yeah?"

"Bring him back." Judith begged, "Please. We need him."

I nodded quickly, "I'll be back very soon."

With a tug by Daryl, we jump on the helicopter. And Judith just sits and watches us, Maggie yelling to us to be careful as we fly off.

Daryl squeezes my hand, trying to unstick my thoughts from the ceiling as I zoned out and looked out into the distance with a blank stare.

"We will find him. We will keep him safe." Daryl smiled, wrapping his arms around me as my tears were stone. I couldn't cry. I was so furious and excited that it almost was impossible. I dug my face into his shoulder, thinking about what we have to do.

We have to get Rick. We have to kill to get to him? That's not a problem. The only problem is, is how we are gunna do it.

-

"They see our copter." She yells, "I'll land, you two stay here, I'll drag them away from you and you guys have to blindly go in." She nods, "Load your weapons if you are going to fight. Which I do not recommend. Too many." She nods, lowering the copter, "Oh no." She whispers.