*Chapter Twenty Six*

Edited 3/16/2021

"Well, after our fight I didn't want to just leave. I was upset, sure, but I didn't want that air between us." Ben states, bringing his eyes up from his hands to my face. In response to his words, my face softens a bit. "Plus I don't know what Klaus is up to and after what happened with those other people I am a tad bit upset at him."

I shake my head gently. "If you're upset because he left me I asked him to. There was no way I could crawl through that vent. I had a knife in my leg." At mentioning it the pain starts to pulse again. I look down at where the wound is located under my pants and glare at it.

He sighs before he bumps my shoulder with his. "I don't think you get to tell me what to be upset about and what not to be upset about but I will take that into consideration. Thank you."

My eyes widen as I feel his touch again looking over at him. "Next question, how can I feel you?"

His eyes meet mine and he opens and closes his mouth a few times before starting his sentence. "Well, that is a bit harder to explain. I had a thought that you might be able to."

"Why? Can Klaus touch you?" I interrupt him. He shakes his head in denial.

"How can you see me?" He fires back at me.

I pause, thinking about it. "I use Klaus' senses but I don't use his physical senses, I use his ghostly senses. I think that is the best way to explain that."

"Right, but you're not using Klaus' power right?"

"Not exactly I guess. The way I explained it makes it seem more like my power," I mumble.

Ben grabs my wrist and brings my hand up against his other one almost as if we were comparing hand sizes. "What is your power?" He asks.

"I feel people's feelings and the- the five senses. I can control people's five senses if certain conditions are met." I stumble over my words, getting distracted by Ben playing with my fingers.

He pauses, looking back into my eyes again. "What are the five sensnes Asha?"

"Sight, Hearing, Smell, Taste, and.... And touch. You think I can touch you because I am only using Klaus' power as an extension of mine?" He nods in response intertwining our fingers.

"I can't say there is a complete explanation for it but that is what makes the most sense. I don't think that's it though. I think when you combine your power with Klaus', like a power ranger, you create something even more powerful. You should only be able to feel my touch. I shouldn't be able to pull your arm around and mess with you. I shouldn't be able to," Ben pauses as he looks over at me. " I shouldn't be able to brush your hair back behind your ear." As he says it he completes the action. My eyes flutter shut and I lean into his hand. He leaves his hand against my face as he continues to talk. "Who knows though, maybe Klaus could do some other stuff when he's completely sober. He hasn't been that way in a long time."

"This probably looks crazy to other people, I'm leaning against air right now." A chuckle rings from him and that starts to make me laugh as well.

"My favorite sound is back." He states once we calm down. I open my eyes and look into his eyes.

"Are you just going to go through your five senses? What is your favorite smell then?"

"Uh nope, first we need to get off this floor. My butt feels like it's dead." He deadpans. There is a second before a belly laugh escapes me.

"That's very sad but also some great dark humor," I state trying to stand up and grab my crutches. I successfully put them under my armpits before I am suddenly swept off of my feet. Literally. I glance back hurriedly and see Ben has picked me up bridal style. My eyes widen as I exclaim, "Put me down! Someone is going to think I am crazy floating around the house! What if my power flickers and you drop me? What happens then?"