Epilogue

This epilogue covers the events after Hallie's funeral, for about 15 years afterward.

After the rebels gained control of North America, major political changes erupted throughout the continent. The war was ended, promptly destroying the idea of making larger cities.

Only one city was built, the Capitol city, which was built on land that wasn't a nuclear threat. The communities were disbanded, and people were legally allowed to leave their quadrants. For once, the people that used to live in the North West quadrant didn't need to worry about money.

Vivian and Rueben dedicated the rest of their lives to helping war children have better lives. They started an organization called "The Hallie Fund" in name of their daughter who only wanted to help people. The organization helped children and their families escape poverty and live in comfort.

Rye spent the time after the war getting to know Blaire better, and they eventually built the sibling-like bond that most siblings had. He decided to become an explorer in his earlier years, looking for other nearby civilizations. He and a group of people found a country within South America, that is still communicating with North America to this day. He ended up marrying but never had kids.

Blaire learned how to control her fiery attitude better, and channeled it into politics. She became a strong leader and advocate for North America, eventually becoming vice president of our country. She got rid of the idea of needing to live in her parent's shadow, freeing herself from the ideals and living the life she wanted to.

After Hallie's death, she mourned a long time and found someone to talk to. She had reconnected with Elijah after the battle, and he listened to the stories about her cousin. She never completely got over Hallie's death, but she used the thought of her cousin's good-willed ideas to help people in her country. She and Elijah formed a close bond and had two children whom Blaire named after her parents- Allison and Colben. Elijah and Blaire are engaged and set to be married in the following year. Though, I have no doubt that Blaire will keep the last name Carter.

As for me, I never really got over my sister's death. After her funeral, I found her old journal back at the rebel camp and found multiple of her old journals at our old house. Blaire donated her journal as well and talked with me often so that I could create this book in Hallie's memory. I know she'd be proud.
I eventually wrote more books and got married to a man who I met at a library. We had a daughter who we named Hallie in honour of my sister, and she is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. Very much like her aunt. I ended up divorcing the man a few years ago, with no regrets. Blaire, Rye, and I all got relatively closer after the rebellion. Blaire and I don't really have such short fuses anymore, so we don't fight. I'm proud of what we've made of ourselves. I am happy with my life and proud of the rebellion I joined to spark what our country is today. Watching the people I love grow, and live.

                      -Ember Anderson