𝗞𝗢𝗡𝗢𝗛𝗔

"Don't let revenge blind you,Aira..."

"Who would have thought Ao was with the Kara?" Shikamaru said as they all gathered to the Hokage's office.

Shikamaru grunts in disappointment as he looked down "But in the end,he gave his life to protect Boruto" Konohamaru said.

Konohamaru looked down in shame "Mugino as well... He sacrificed himself to protect us" he clenches his fist causing Naruto to close his eyes and nods in understanding "I understand. It was a painful mission.."

Konohamaru nods "Hai.."

Sai looks at Konohamaru "It's painful when a comrade dies. That's all the more reason why we can't just mourn. We must do everything we can to ensure that their loss will not be in vain" Sai said before Konohamaru pulled out a scroll data.

"This is the data we downloaded from the containers that was aboard at the airship. It might provide some clues" Konohamaru said as he handed it to Shikamaru.

Shikamaru took it "Understood. I'll send this to the Cipher Corps from analysis"

Then Konohamaru looked serious "And now,the question is... What do we do about the boy and the girl I informed you about?"

"The boy has the same mark that Boruto has,doesn't he?" Konohamaru nods in affirmation before adding "The girl also may know how to control it. The boy also called the mark Karma. We considered bringing them to the village but for safety reasons we're having them examine them at the lab in Ryūtan."

Shikamaru looks at Naruto "We can't let someone that we don't know anything about just enter the village after all"

"It seems like the Kara were after the two. They referred the boy as The Vessel while the girl they called her The Heir. It seems like she's one of the survivor of a clan that we haven't heard for so long"

Shikamaru sigh "They're after them,huh?"

"I wonder if that's really accurate"

Sai looks at them "according to your report he has violent tendencies and will lash out with the intent kill. To add,he's protective over the girl. And as for her,she has kekkei genkai right?" Konohamaru nods.

Naruto spoke "but they're still a child right? We shouldn't be suspicious based on that information."

Shikamaru denied his response "No. I think we should anticipate every scenario and be suspicious. Wishful thinking will only invite danger"

Naruto only looked down.

"Also there's one more thing that has been bothering me" Sai said.

"Go on" Naruto said.

"The shinobi that killed Ao. You said his name was Koji Kashin right?" Konohamaru nods

"He used the Rasengan" Konohamaru said causing Naruto to widen his eyes in surprise.

"There are only a few Shinobi who can use the Rasengan. Maybe you mistook it for someone else" Shikamaru said trying to process the situation.

"No,I confirmed it with my own eyes" Konohamaru said.

Then Konohamaru added "There's a possibility that he copied it with a scientific ninja tool." Naruto nods.

"Thank you for telling us. I'll take over it from here" Naruto thank him for the report.