Chapter 18

A/N Heck yeah!!! Finished another chapter in record time. This is a small gift to those who await the next chapter next week... there's a chance I won't be updating for a while. Finals and stuff😭 Also, I want to give a heads up that I am starting to write a new story. I'm starting to lose the direction I want to go with this story and I'm kinda losing inspiration. Sorry 😣 But I promise I'll update until that happens. Please enjoy the story!

Two days later...

I was Hiruzen's office, standing there as he looked at me gravely.

"We've received word that Orochimaru has infiltrated the village." He looked at me. " I want you to leave for a few days, just until the Chuunin Exams are over." I slammed my hand on the desk, cracking it in the process.

"Why do you want me to leave?! I'm strong enough to protect myself, so why are you making me leave?!" I cried.

"Because we were informed you were one of the targets he's after and if we let you get kidnapped in our village, not only will we invoke the wrath of the other Hidden Villages, but it will also invoke the wrath of the Feudal Lords of the Five Great Shinobi Countries!" Hiruzen sighed. "I know myself from experience that you are a strong person, probably even more powerful than Lord First, but still..." I only exhaled in defeat.

"Fine, for four weeks I will leave on a short journey outside the village..." I groaned. "Please make sure to keep my grandsons safe, they're the only reason why... nethermind. You know what I mean." I had smoke surround me and quickly pulled my cloak out of Item Box and put it on. "Well I'll get going, see you again Lord Hokage." I teleported to the gates of the village, nodding at the guards as I walked out and away from the place, I called home for seven years.

Four weeks later...

I walked to the entrance of the gate, looking inside the gate seeing a half-destroyed village. I went to the Hokage Tower and asked to speak with Homura and Koharu as I didn't see Hiruzen. When I saw them and asked what happened in my absence, they told me what had transpired. Hiruzen died... I fell to my knees when I heard that and Hiruzen's former teammates tried to cheer me up. Once I calmed down, they told me that Sasuke received a curse mark to his shoulder and that Jiraiya was going to take Naruto to look for Tsunade and bring her back to become the fifth Hokage. I nodded and ran home.

When I arrived back at my suite, the building was still intact so that meant that the area wasn't targeted. I opened the door and ran inside, looking for Sasuke and there he was sitting on the couch. I instantaneously ran to him, hugging him and he hugged me back. I apologized to him for leaving without his knowledge. Once we calmed down, I sat on the couch with him and looked at his shoulder to see the curse mark.

"Sasuke, do you wish for me to remove the curse mark?" I asked, he nodded.

"Yes, after all you said that revenge is best served using your own power and so, knowing that... I don't need the power of this curse mark to help me." Sasuke proclaimed and I smiled at him.

"I see, very good. It seems like I drilled my lessons into your head well." Sasuke visibly flinched, probably remembering something and I laughed. Then I sensed the, Itachi and Kisame... "Sasuke, I'll be back." I kissed his forehead and teleported away to the location of their signals.

When I arrived at the scene Gai, Kurenai and Asuma were already confronting them on the river, Kakashi being slung over Gai's shoulder. I teleported between them, drawing Benihime from her covering.

"Hello Granny Ayumi." Itachi greeted.

"It's been a few years Ayumi-sensi." I simply nodded at their greetings and prepared Benihime.

"It's been a while my students. Itachi, Kisame, you've grown." I smiled, then asking a question we all knew the answer too. "Now let me ask you something, are you my enemy?"

"I suppose we are." Kisame smirked and it instantly dropped when I release KI.

"I might've known you when you were young, but that fact will not stop me from putting you down." I glared at them. "Who have you come for?"

"Two people, that would be the Legacy of the Fourth and..." Itachi pointed at me. "You." I looked behind me and looked at the jounins' reactions to notice that they knew that they were after Naruto, but not me.

"I see..." I released my KI. "You can try all you want but I promise you that you'll have the hardest of times. So I suggest you leave, before I kill you."

"Kisame let's go," The shark man looked at him. "We didn't come for a war and we'll need all of the members to receive Granny Ayumi."

"Agreed, if Ayumi-sensei is here there's no way we'll win with the two of us." Kisame clicked his tongue. "To bad, I was finally getting motivated." They teleported away and I turned to the jounin behind me.

"I need to leave, if I stay, I'll only put the village in danger." I sighed. "I'll make sure to send letters to the Clan Heads to explain my sudden absence." They nodded to me and I teleported home, preparing letters to Clan Heads and to my grandsons. After I was done writing them, I instantly started to pack and change into my traveling outfit and my hooded cloak. Once I was done, I made a quick meal for Sasuke when he returns home and I put it in the fridge. I left the letters meant for Sasuke and Naruto on their beds in their rooms and teleported the other letters to the Clan Estates. I went to the door, locking the door and teleporting to the gate of the village once more before I ran.