The Girl Is Mine

"Nina, if you don't come on now, we're going to be late," Shanice yelled from the bottom of the stairs  up to Nina, who was still in the bathroom doing finishing touches to her outfit.

"We only live twenty minutes away from the place. Please relax well be there on time damn!" Nina shouted back, annoyed at her best friend. Shanice knew she was just on edge about tonight, seeing as she would have to face Richard, now knowing how he felt about her. She also knew Nina never thought of Richard in that way, and she wasn't quite sure Richard knew she was bisexual either. Granted, it wasn't any of his concern.

Pulling out her phone, Shanice checked the time and noticed she had gotten a text from Richard asking if they were on their way. She responded, letting him know they would be there in five minutes.

"Girl, you look good. I promise it's already 6:45. We were supposed to leave fifteen minutes ago."

"Im here now. Calm your titties please," Nina answered, bounding down the stairs. "We need to take a hit. I'm nervous as shit, and I know your ass is too."

"Yeah, whatever, grab my pen. Just hurry up. And you look fine, so stop worrying."

"You look good to that dress is giving." Nina completed back after taking a hit of the pen. "Here."

Grabbing the pen, Shanice took a quick hit and then turned it off, tucking it in her purse. "You never know when we might need it." She grinned at her friend.

They exited the apartment and headed towards the parking garage. After a twenty-minute drive, they finally arrived at La Menzalla, a five-star restaurant located in the heart of the city. Nina and Shanice visited a few times for drinks, but besides that, it was a very expensive and high-class restaurant.

"Damn, this is place just looks so expensive," Nina exclaimed as the two friends stepped out of the car.  Shanice laughed in response as she handed her keys to the valet.

"Have a nice evening, ladies." The valet smiled nicely at the pair.

"Thank you," they replied sweetly in unison. Upon entering the restaurant, they were greeted by one of the hostesses.

"How can I help you?" She asked with a hint of confusion in her voice.

"Hi, yes, we have reservations,"  Shanice replied, smiling gently at the woman.

"No, I don't think you do." She glanced at them, raising an eyebrow.

"Excuse me. You didn't even ask our names?" Nina butted in.

"I don't need to check the list for your names. I don't think you have a reservation." The hostess glared at the two with an evil condescending look.

" Shan, you better get her for before I do because if I do, I'ma hurt her feelings." Nina directed to her friend as she was quickly growing agitated with the whole situation

"Listen here, blondie. You're wasting our time at this point. We have reservations under that name Ricci, so just show point us to our table, and we'll be on our way. The blonde woman laughed in response.

"I'm going to have to call security if you all don't leave. There's no reservation especially under that name for you two, so goodbye."

"Listen here bit-,"

"Ladies, you made it how wonderful of you all to join us." Nina was cut off before she could go off on the woman.

"Dante, a pleasure to see you again." Shanice greeted him warmly. Turning around to face him, she was momentarily caught off guard by his entrancing attire. He wore a grey three-piece suit with a light blue handkerchief in the suit pocket. His hair was slicked back, and the sides were faded. Shanice was so enamored by him but she would die before admitting it. "We were trying to find our table, but this lovely lady right here insisted we didn't have a reservation." she continued sarcastically.