chapter 14

After settling his brother, Heshan and Yulan where having dinner, the table was so quite unlike their usually chatty dinner atmosphere.

He kept staring at her when she wasn't looking, Of course she felt his gaze but she didn't say anything, she wasn't angry with him for spilling out their source of income, they can't hide that forever, eventually someone will know.

She is thinking about how to raise ten thousand yuan for the house Sister Quinn talked about, according to her the house was a three bedroom flat in the middle of university town close to the town high school, from there to the university campus will just take about 30 minutes with a bicycle and even less with a car, they really need to leave the village and also its about a year to the next college entrance sitting, she wants Heshan to sit for it this coming school session.

He has already read all the letters in the box, they sound casual but he notice a clue, in each letter there will a few words that will be deepen with ink...he remember his teacher write several letters to friend in the capital  and each of those letters with will have ink deepen word, until all the letters where brought together and the ink deepen words merged will one understand what it means....

Xu Heshan felt like beating himself up, in his last life his brother asked him something like this saying that one of his friends family member that was in the army kept sending letters with deepen words, he didn't even think much about it when he told him what his teacher thought him...

Ah Xu Heshan how dull can you be.

After dinner Yulan silently went to do the dishes, Xu Heshan was really scared, he has never seen yulan so quite neither in his past life or the present one.

Thinking of what to do to vent his anger as he couldn't find a way to talk to her, he pick up some tools and went up the mountain, the mountain silent only the sound of rustling of leaves swaying, searching for about an hour he found the tree, measuring ten feet north he started digging....
Ji Yulan got back from the kitchen and found that Xu Heshan is gone, this stubborn ox, why can't he just say something..

An hour later he heard the sound of his digger hitting a metal, he hurriedly shovel the sand on top of it before bringing out the box.

He didn't open the box but directly carried it home hurriedly, thankfully he didn't meet anyone on the wat neither within the hills..entering their room he met Ji Yulan doing her  embroidery, hearing the sound of the door she look up at him, after a second her eyes flashed, she got up hurriedly and almost missed a step.....

' Xu Heshan!! She shouted ' are you crazy, you did something wrong, you didn't apologize, you only know how to carry your long face around, now you came back late and all dirty, where did you go to ??''

'My wife, am sorry ...he came over and hugged her tightly

'Leave me alone , don't dirty my clothes...

'Yes, yes ...wife let me show you something...
dragging the box closer, he opened it inside the box was another box, he opened that one also, he was expecting some valuable but didn't expect this much...

Laying in the box were 10 heavy weight gold bars, and a child fist sized bean shape golds..
Ji Yulan almost shouted but she used her hands to cover her mouth, her eyes brimming with joy but first she must ask Xu Heshan about this.....

After settling all that was in the box, they hide it underneath their bed, on bed Xu Heshan told her all about his teacher, of course she knows about his teacher, he told about him in their last life, but she is thankful they didn't miss out on his gift like the last time, with a happy smile they drifted to sleep.