He became the favourite one of every teacher, the one they used to put in the spotlight every single time.
Look at him. That's how you're supposed to do it. That's what they said, and San hated oh, so much those moments.

He hated that competiting air that could breath all over the hallways. He was aware of his talent, he loved what he was doing, but he didn't agree at all with this general "stepping-on-others" way of treating them. He was sure that this didn't help in any way the "weaker" ones.

At least, he thought. He'd never struggled doing anything. But it wasn't his fault, was it?
He was just following his path inside that freaking program just as anyone else.

During that time, anyway, Yeosang began to shine as well. Not as a brilliant singer or dancer, but as a performer. San was so proud of his friend, and the little gummy smile which decorated Yeosang's lips when telling about how the teachers complimented him made his days.

In that moment, Yeosang was in that room, too. As said, he wasn't a brilliant singer, so was suggested to practice more on that side.

Seonghwa waved in his direction and began to walk to his side. They also got pretty close during that time, but Wooyoung wasn't properly involved in that friendship. He knew Yeosang, he noticed him especially during dance stages, but they never talked so much. An invisible wall of shyness seemed to stand between the two.

"Hey, Yeosang, what's up?"

"Hey, Seonghwa. You here, too?"

"Well, you should know I'm not Mariah Carey, don't you?"

"Me neither." They both broke in a loud laugh, leaving Wooyoung even more silent than before.

"Wooyoung, how are you? it seemed like you didn't like San to be the teacher's helper.
Sorry, actually everyone could hear you." he shrug his shoulder and shifted his gaze to the pink haired on, a slight pink color was growing on the other's cheeks.

"I... It's not that I don't like him." That's exactly what is is "But... You know, the anxiety increases when you're faced everyday with such a good one. Good at everything..." he muttered in his lips the last part. He wondered about how to describe his feelings without being gross, so ended up lying a bit, or he'd yelled against San all his anger, for sure.

"Yeah, I know, he just doesn't need practice to be so good... But we're also great, come on!" at the beginning of the sentence, Yeosang's eyes became blank. Wooyoung thought they both have the same opinion about San being among them, but the older couldn't actually say it because it was a close friend of San's.

Seonghwa didn't say a word for the whole discussion.

The voice of the coach claimed for their attention.

"Good morning again, guys.
Today, we're going to work individually on stability. If you're here, it means you're not doing enough as singers."

The air became full of worrying thoughts and nervous sweating.

"But, on the contrary, you seemed to be good at something else. This is not the class of the losers, if you're wondering.
But just some of you will not enter the program. Remember that while talking to your "friends".
This is a competition, not a playroom."

The sudden shift of behavior in the coach's eyes, compared to the previous days, was evident. They never treated them bad at all, they just pointed out the better ones, without underlining the weakest.

Evidence said that now the real competiting mood was starting. They were all against each other. Your closest friend was also your worst enemy.
Wooyoung felt flustered at the idea that maybe Seonghwa, even Yeonjun, could enter the program without him. He never felt so frustrated as he started right in that moment.

By the time the lesson started.

The teacher picked five people at a time, put a song and said to them and to the rest of the class all the errors they were making. This didn't mean to hurt their confidence but to make everyone aware of how to deal with that kind of mistakes.

Anyway, he'd never been so rude to them. Wooyoung couldn't believe he was the same man of the previous thirty days, who sometimes said compliments even to people who couldn't spell their name properly.

During the whole time, San had some performances to try to explain the class how to properly keep stability even when changing the pitch of the voice. He was kind and understanding to everyone. He really didn't look like someone who had more self confidence than brain cells.

Wooyoung kept staring at his explanation, but sometimes got lost in his mind.
He's bad, that's all. A single day where he acts cuter than usual won't change my opinion.

Like the older could read his mind, he stepped into Wooyoung's direction at the end of the class.

"Hey, Wooyoung! What's up?" San wanted to try once again to get along with the brunette, who was tying his hair at the moment, getting ready for a little break before another singing lesson with another teacher.

"Oh, uhm, hey." he muttered without even looking at him "Sorry, I have to go." He instantly added, grabbed his stuff and ran away from the room.

Wooyoung wasn't in such a rush, but wasn't ready to face the fact the San could actually be great, even kind, to him. He had been for the whole lesson, he helped him as he did with every single one inside that little room, but he still didn't want to change his opinion. He wanted to stay focused on him and himself only, because it was the only way to get access to the finals.

The time of making friends had ended. Nothing was needed but practice, practice and even more practice.

San's mouth abandoned a long sigh. He was about to tell Wooyoung he did a good job right before, but the other cut him off. Again. Looks like he had no chance to talk to him, never in his life, and was so pissed off at this feeling, because Wooyoung wasn't the only one acting like this.

During that month, he managed to talk just with Yeosang and a couple more guys. Everyone seemed to hate him the same as he hated being looked in that way.

Maybe it's time to think about myself and to win this fucking competition. Make they hate me and let me be the one they think I am.
That's why I'm here, or not?
Fuck off, San, you're not like this. 

.

.

wooyoung is so annoying, poor san... i'm re-reading the story to correct the chapters before posting them and i feel so frustrated at his behaviour hahah im sorry

btw i kinda decided i'm going to update twice a week, like on monday and thursday so yeh keep in mind