Me: "And you coulda woke me up
but it's whatever. I aint trippin boo."

Von: "You are doe."

Me: "Lmao no I'm really not."

Von: "You tryna make it something dat it don't needa be."

———————————————

I left him on read and rolled my eyes then I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. I stood out there for about 2 minutes then I knocked again and heard somebody say "I'm coming damn!" A lightskin girl that was a little taller than me came and opened the door and said "Uh may I help you?" Me: "Von in here?" She made a confused face then she said "Um... Yeah. Who are you?" Me: "His girlfriend." She looked down at Dayvon and said "Is this your son?" Me: "Our son. Yes ma'am it is." She raised her eyebrows then she said "Oh wow he didn't say he had a kid. Hiii." She waved at Dayvon and he stared at her then she said "I'm Ree. You can come in, Von and Kiara upstairs." She opened the door wider and let us walk in. We followed her upstairs and walked into a bedroom with a bunch of hair stuff everywhere. Von was sitting in the floor in between a girl's legs, who I'm guessing was Kiara.

She looked at me and started looking me up and down. Von: "How you find me Lai?" Me: "Don't worry bout it. I told you I wanted to come witchu" He sucked his teeth and said "Hollon cus-" Me: "Oh naw yeen gotta get up. I'm cool." Kiara: "Are you his cousin? Sister?" She tilted his head back and started playing in his dreads then I said "No." Von: "Why you come up here Laiya?" Kiara: "Ex?" Me: "I told you why I wanted to come up here Dayvon. And no." Dayvon looked up at me and said "Huh?" Me: "Not you baby." Kiara: "Baby mama?" Me: "There you go." Von: "Hollon Kiara." He moved her hands and she said "Boy if you gon be doin allis I aint gon do yo hair." Von: "Gimme like 5 minutes." Ree: "You want some candy baby? We got suckers and gummies and everything." She bent down in front of Dayvon and held out a bucket of candy.

Von got up and pulled me out the room and closed the door then he said "Really?" Me: "Damn she did good onnat one side of yo head." Von: "Lai." Me: "What? Why you got an attitude?" Von: "Cus you showin up unannounced and shit." Me: "Why tf is it a problem? I told you I wanted to go witchu when you got yo hair done so... Here I am. You aint wanna tell me where you was at, I found out myself." Von: "Why?" Me: "Fuck you mean why? I just explained it. Why is it such a problem that I'm here?" He sighed and put his hand on his forehead then I said "Damn she gotchu lookin good." Von: "I'm serious rn." Me: "And so am I. She got you lookin sexy." He rolled his eyes then he said "Why you bein so complicated?" Me: "Really? Dis is obviously bout sum else cus I aint doin shit to you. Just gon back in there and get yo head done." I pointed to the door then he stared at me and I said "Hello? Go." I opened the door and started pushing him back in then I seen Dayvon sitting on a stool eating a piece of candy. Von sat back down between Kiara's legs then I started to wonder why he couldn't sit in the stool instead of in between her legs but I just kept my mouth shut. I was tryna learn how to stop flippin out over little things but this right here was starting to make me a lil mad. Kiara: "So what's yo name lil man?" She looked at Dayvon and continued doing Von's hair then he stared at her and shrugged. Me: "You know what yo name is boy 🤣 Stop being so shy" He looked at me then I seen him playing with his fingers and staring at the floor. Dayvon: "My name Dayvon..." Kiara: "Oh this yo son? Hm." Von: "Yeah..."

Kiara: "Well me and Von knew each other in high school then I moved around 11th I think. We used to be REAL close." I raised my eyebrows and said "Whatchu mean?" Von: "We was just close friends." Kiara laughed and said "If dats whatchu wanna call it then yeah." Me: "Hm." Kiara: "So how long y'all been together?" Me: "Since senior year." Kiara: "Oh right after I left? Aw." Me: "I guess." Von: "Just talk about something else." Kiara: "Boy you in my house." She started laughing and got real close to the side of his face. I squinted then I looked down at my phone and scrolled through instagram. She got done with his hair an hour later and said "There you go. Ree gon hit you wit da clippers inna front then you'll be all done." Von got up and stared at me then I said "What?" Von: "Imma talk to you when I get home." Me: "About?" Von: "Wait til we get home." I rolled my eyes and said "Ight whateva." Ree cut the clippers on and said "Ight hop down lil man." Dayvon got down and sat in my lap then Von sat in the stool and Ree lined him up.