Episode 6: Icarian

Começar do início

MAVERICK
But if it were a magnetic field, it would lock the engine up and not just disrupt the electrical fields. They're connected.

CALLYX [over COMM DEVICE]
Anybody on the bridge?

BODHI [over COMM]
Everybody who's anybody without brass. What's up?

MAVERICK
Engine's working, but-

ISSA
[flat]
Then it's not a black hole or magnetic field.

MAVERICK
Yeah.

ISSA
I'm going to check on my sister.

CUT TO

INT. ISYS' ROOM.

It's in the bedroom setup. At first glance, it's in the customary, military neat setup, we've grown to expect from her. Then we see the green hue coming from the door. It grows stronger and we hear pained groans and suppressed screams.

ISYS is standing with her back to the door, her eyes clenched closed, but green light can be seen under her closed lids. She's covered by a green sphere of light. Lighting flashes of green emit from her body and strike objects in her room, but they don't destroy anything, but there are scorch marks. Her fists beat against the door as she fights a battle against an unseen foe. She knocks her head against the door repeatedly and when she does, we see the blood coming from every visible orifice: both eyes, both ears, both nostrils, her mouth.

She grits and bares her teeth and the vision is horrific. She finally opens her mouth and a bone chilling scream leaves her mouth as the lightning strikes reverse course and strikes her body, burning the clothes from her body. She falls to her hands and knees.

CUT TO

EXT ISYS' HALLWAY

ISSA stands at the keypad. She's putting in the code, but it doesn't work. She tries another one, but it doesn't work either. She calls out to JACKI, but JACKI doesn't respond.

ISSA
JACKI?

No response

ISSA
SADAY, can you contact ISYS?

SADAY
ISYS is offline.

ISSA
Is JACKI offline?

SADAY
JACKI is offline as well

ISSA
Show me last footage of ISYS

SADAY
Footage unavailable

ISSA
[runs a worried hand over her face]
Is she on the ship?

SADAY
Last known coordinates of ISYS TEMPEST were on the craft.

ISSA
Current?

SADAY
She is offline. Current whereabouts unavailable.

ISSA
Did she leave?

SADAY
TRANSPORT BAY has not been utilized.

ISSA
[sighs]
Okay.

INT EVIDENCE ROOM

CREDENCE, KREED, and LUXE are in a heated argument. LUXE and CREDENCE against KREED. CREDENCE and LUXE think that KREED overreacted by suspending ISYS. KREED thinks ISYS' insubordination was affecting the team and her hubris is detrimental and that CREDENCE also thinks she's withholding evidence and information.

KREED
I'm not the only one who thinks that ISYS is more harmful than helpful at times. HOPKINS, you didn't have your hunter researching her while everyone else was in the field?

LUXE
Yes, but-

KREED
No, "buts." CREDENCE, you're my second in command. You have come to me how many times saying how she keeps things to herself and investigates without us and uploads things in secret. She's doing the same thing now. She eliminated herself.
[He points to the place where the holopicture was, but is no longer]