"I just want the nightmares to stop.." He mumbled as a weight lifted off of his shoulders. He chuckled a little to himself at the fact that what he was doing made him feel better... but it was only for a moment.

Dropping the razor blade into the trash can he cleaned himself up and opened the door to see Anya rubbing her eyes. "You were in there for so long I got worried, plus I need to pee." She chuckled a little as he gave her a small smile hoping she wouldn't notice the bandages.

Getting back into bed he looked over at the time that read 3:33 am, looking up at the ceiling he heard the bathroom door open as Anya cut off the light, feeling her side of the bed being occupied he felt her head lay on his bare chest.

He draped his arm carefully across her body before hearing her yawn, not even a few minutes into listening to the rain they were both asleep.

———

"Yo pass the ball!" Milo yelled to Dre as they played a quick game of basketball with a few guys from there school at a park near their apartment. The girls were sitting on the benches making small talk.

"No I always get short nails only because of clinical classes, you can't have them super long." One girl by the name of Mya who's boyfriend Trey was playing basketball with them said.

"Oh ok that's understandable."Makayla said as they continued their conversation about nothing really.

Anya furrowed her eyebrows as she noticed the bandage on Milo's arm. She made a mental note to ask him about it later.

"Anya?"

"Hm? I'm sorry I wasn't listening." She said as they shared a laugh.

"I asked how far along are you?" Another girl named Draya asked before taking a sip of her blue Gatorade.

"Oh I think I'm about 12 or 13 weeks maybe?" She said honestly unsure. "I don't count it because I want it to go by faster." She said as the girls cooed loudly causing the guys to look over at them briefly.

"I hope you have a girl!" Maya said. "Me too." Draya chimed in as she scrolled through her phone.

"Same but I think Milo is hoping for a boy he just won't tell me that." She chuckled as the guys made their way over the to them.

"Y'all wanna go grab some pizza?" Trey asked wrapping his arms around Maya's waist. "You smell." She said as they all shared a laugh.

"Pizza sounds good as hell though." Dre said looking over at Makayla. "You down shorty ?"She nodded her head before standing up and walking over to him.

Milo put his arm behind his back as Anya stood up.

"We can all meet there maybe in an hour?" Milo questioned.

"Cool." They all agreed before going their separate ways.

"Aight we'll see y'all in a few." Amir said holding Draya's hand as they walked out of the gym.

Getting into the passenger seat Anya put her seatbelt on before looking over at Milo.

"Did you have fun?"

"I did actually, you looked like you had a good time too with the girls." He said as she nodded. "I did, but I wanna ask you something."

"Go ahead baby." He said glancing between the road and the rear view mirror.

"What did you do to your arm?"

He tucked his bottom lip between his teeth and sighed. "I just wanted to pain to stop so I did it just one time."