Chapter 12

Jungkook widened his eyes in great shock. Jimin's words were kept replaying in his mind to even responds to that. He just froze.

"W-What?" he asked, just to make sure that his mind isn't playing tricks on him.

"I— I like you, Jungkook," Jimin repeats. He isn't joking.

"H-How can you say that so easily?!" Jungkook said as he stood up quickly. Tone sounding like he's angry but he's not. He was just shocked at the sudden confession.

"J-Jungkook... Calm down, please." Jimin said worriedly.

"How can I calm when you just..." Jungkook trails off and then hissed in irritation. He pinches the bridge of his nose and lets out a loud sigh.

"Look, I know you don't feel the same and I know you'll never be. But I blurted it out because I know this is the last time I'm ever gonna have a chance with you." Jimin explained.

Jungkook frowns and looks back at him. "What do you mean by last time?"

"I know you, Jungkook. I know you won't ever talk to me again after this."

Jungkook couldn't believe Jimin right now, he's beyond pissed at the fact that Jimin just thinks of him like that.

"So you think that I'm just gonna ditched you like that? What kind of guy do you think I am, Jimin? Tell me." Jungkook said. "Quit assuming and get to know me more, Jimin."

Jimin stared at him in bewilderment, eyes wide and mouth opened trying to find the words to say. The right words to say.

He stood up, "No, no, no, I meant—"

"Stop, it doesn't matter. I think this isn't going to work out." Jungkook said flatly. He turned his heel and made his way to the ladder, but he halts when he heard a sniff. Jimin is crying.

"I— I just w-want to befriend wi-with you, that's all." Jimin tried to explain, but his stutter made his statement messy.

"I-I don't care if you don't like me o-or not, I just want you t-to be by my side. I want you to be part of my life, and that's enough. I d-don't care if you don't feel the same." Jimin said. "Please believe me, and I'm sorry for choosing the wrong words to say. I really am."

Jungkook stayed quiet. Jimin tears were endlessly rolling down his face like a river, and hiccups are still loud and strong. He wiped his runny nose with his long sleeves.

"Please understand that I confessed to you because I couldn't hold it in any longer. I just can't breathe anymore." Jimin explained successfully without stuttering.

"Because if you don't get it off your chest, you'll never be able to breathe."

Jungkook's breath hitched at that sentence.

"I tried to deny my feelings, Jungkook-ah, but my feelings are too big. That it's making it hard for me to breathe properly." Jimin said.

All of a sudden, memories are playing in Jungkook's mind.

. . .

"Yah, Jungkook-ah! Have you heard that there's a transfer student here?" Taehyung asked. "He's in the same class as us!"

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at him, giving him a look that says "Does it look like I care?"

"Don't give him that look, Jungkook-ah. Every time that there's a transfer student, you never interact with them." Seokjin scolds, arms crossed.

"Do I have to? I mean, they'll all end up like the others. Drooling and following me like a lost puppy." Jungkook said looking at the girls fangirling over him. He clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes when the girls started freaking out.