"What are you thinking about?" She asks nervously. I assume she is still expecting me to ask her about what happened last night. But I know it would just ruin her mood in the morning, so instead, I choose to throw something else on her way.

"I am thinking about the possible ways I could use to throw this guy out of the window." I point towards the cardboard and tell seriously.

Nicole's mouth hangs wide open as she gawks at me. "How could you say that, Christopher?" She is cute! She actually thinks that I am being serious.

"I don't like the fact that he is getting too comfortable around you," I say amusedly.

As if sensing my playful tone, Nicole eases up and laughs. "So Mr. Christopher Harris is saying that he is now jealous of a little puppy." She crosses her arms and smiles.

"I am not jealous." I scoff. "I just aim to eliminate my competitors." I look at her and suggest. "Especially those who try to rob me of what's mine."

I shift my eyes back to the box and say. "And this guy here is exactly trying to do the same thing."

It appears like the pup is intelligent enough to understand what I am speaking as he peeps out of the box and starts barking, looking at me.

Nicole shakes her head and laughs. "Don't make him hate you already, Christopher." She puts him back into the carton and I roll my eyes.

"You better try to work things out with him because you guys have to live in the same house." She shrugs.

"Who said that he is going to live in this house with us?" I quirk an eyebrow at her playfully.

"Christopher?" She glares at me.

I take in her expression and smirk. "Okay, I'll think about it." I quickly grab hold of her hand and pull her into my lap. She seems to be surprised at first, but then she shifts to being calm as she adjusts herself in my lap to face me. "I'll let him live in if I'll get something in return. You know what I mean?" I say slowly with my eyes dropping onto the mole that she has above her left breast. My mind starts thinking about all the other moles that she has over delicious places of her body and especially the one that she has on her inner thigh. Fuck! That's my favorite one. I look back into her eyes and lick my lips seductively. She bites her lip shyly, clearly understanding my intentions as she scans my shirtless form. But suddenly her demeanor changes as her eyes fall upon my shoulder.

She touches the bandage over it lightly and says apologetically. "I am sorry. I left you last night like that..." I know what she means.

"Is it hurting?" Her eyes search mine with concern filling them.

I firmly put my arms around her waist and say. "It's fine now, Cole. Your touch is enough for it to heal."

She looks at me sadly and before I could say something to her; she wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me. She looks so small and vulnerable right now in my arms. I secure my arms around her and hold her to me. I hear a soft sob escape from her lips as she hugs me tightly. I know the thought that's torturing her mind. "Nicole, don't hurt yourself like this, please."

I run my fingers over her back, comforting her. "Forgive him. You need to do it." I sigh. "Just because your father made a mistake, doesn't mean that every other man would turn out like him. You have to understand that."

She doesn't let a word out as she buries her face in my chest. I am completely fine with her wanting to have some time to think. I am not gonna push her anymore now, it's her decision to make. So not trying to pester her about it, I just pull her closer to me and rest my chin over her head.