Chapter VI: The Princess and the Lemming

Start from the beginning

"Nothing" I smiled and handed him his tea. He put his hand on mine on the cup and let it linger for a few seconds before actually taking the cup. Whitey saw that and looked away frowning.

"They paying you good?" Mary Agnes said while she sipped her pint.

"Yes, in fact I get off in a few minutes." I paused and looked at Whitey. He smiled at me.
"Whitey are you gonna walk me home or??" I asked raising my brows.
Whitey was staring at me and seemed lost in thought. When what I said dawned on him he blinked and said: "oh, yeah let's go"
Louis glared at him.
"You got a problem?" Whitey said turning to Louis.

"No," Louis flashed him a fake smile, while I took my apron off and followed Whitey

Whitey put his hat on, walked outside and started heading for the hotel I ran up behind him grabbed his arm and turned him around.
"So where we going?" I asked excitedly.
"I thought we were going to the hotel?" Whitey asked smiling and looking surprised.
"At 2:00pm? No, no, it's my first half day off let's go for a walk. Take me somewhere pretty."
I said and smelled the fresh spring air.
" okay, I have a place in mind" he said nodding his head. I took his hat off his head.
"Why'd you do that?" He asked

"The weathers amazing today, don't you wanna feel the breeze in your hair?" I said and pulled a string holding my hair up, causing my hair to fall down into my shoulders and then blow in the wind.

"Well I don't look as pretty as you without my hat on" he said joking and raising his brows.

"I think you look better" I said smiling.

"Come on, let me have my hat" he said trying to grab it from me and laughing.
We passed the sheriff's station and he chased up to the porch where I threw it on his desk and then stood in the doorway.
"You can't have it" I teased him.
He laughed and started reaching for it trying to get past me. I kissed his cheek quickly and he froze smiling.
"Come on silly boy!" I said taking his arm and pulling him toward the stable.

We got the horses and I followed him. We rode for around 30 minutes. Since I got to New Mexico I had barely seen a bit of green it was usually hot and dry, but Whitey took me to an area shielded from the sun enough so it wasn't as dry, but was still warm, it was beautiful. There was a pond, surrounding it were these really pretty trees and vines

 There was a pond, surrounding it were these really pretty trees and vines

"Whitey, it's beautiful." I said in awe.
"No one really knows about this place but me." He said smiling.

"Good... no one to ruin it" I smiled at him.

We left the horses grazing and drinking water and walked around it to the sunny side with sand.

" What did you mean earlier? About Last night and Louis" Whitey asked me looking down at the ground.