9.Beginnings

"that is part of the beauty of all literature. you discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone. you belong." -F. Scott Fitzgerald 

we all made it back to Rossi's mansion for the party. Emily had brought me one of her dresses so I could wear something different then my triathlon suit. I had gone upstairs and Spencer soon followed. he walks up behind me and says, "you look beautiful Daphne" he kisses me softly. Spencer wore a black suit with black dress shoes. I also wore black. "come on, let's go join the party." I say with a smile. 

me and Spencer link arms as we walk down the marble staircase fitted with gold railings. the team gaze was fixated on me. we got to the bottom and started to dance together as the music blared. as the slow music begins, I rest my head on Spencer's should while I sway side to side. reminding me of the time we danced in the hospital. after some time Spencer whispers, "Daph... I've been wanting to show you something." he takes my hand and leads me to a secret garden that's a ways away from the party. he had a smile the entire time. 

this garden was filled with my favorite flowers. he remembered. of course he remembered. "it's beautiful Spence" I say, taking in the sight. he smiles and laughs, I do the same. as I was looking at the flowers a storm had settled in, fast. it started raining on us both. I look at the sky not giving a care in the world. I look to Spencer to see he's already staring at me. he grabs my waist and pulls me in close he moves my hair out of my face and starts kissing me, in the rain. we are  soaking wet but either of us care. he's glad I loved it here. he breaks away and takes a breath before getting down. 

he got down, but on one knee opening the small velvet box. "Daphne..." he slowly spoke. his long hair was messy and wet from the rain. both our nice clothes are drenched by the weather but Spencer couldn't wait any longer. "ever since I met you 7 and a half months ago, I knew you'd be the one. it took us awhile to finally admit our feelings but I'm so glad we did." he let out a nervous chuckle, clearing his throat before speaking again. "I uh, did you know I forgave the world when I met you? I have been through so much in my life and one of the few good things was meeting you. moments with you, that's when I wish I could stop time. you stayed and that's all I needed." both of my eyes were filled with tears, mixing with the rain. 

"I love you so much. Daphne, will you marry me?" I covered my mouth in shock. never in a million years did I think Spencer Reid would propose to me. "yes! yes! of course." he grinned and stood up, sliding the ring on my finger and cupping my face, pulling me into a long and passionate kiss. our bodies pushed together as one. 

when we both pulled away for air, our foreheads rest against the other. I whispered, "you have no idea but your the reason I'm smiling again, Spencer, I love everything about you. your rants, the facts you give me, our explorations, when you to me, everything. god I love you so much and-and you just complete me. you may feel as if you're not perfect, but you are." he nodded and I wiped away what looked to be his tears. "come on, lets get out of this rain, we'll get sick." he sniffled. he picked me up and carried me underneath the stars to the patio. our engagement marked the end of a whirlwind romance and the beginning of an eternal love story.