4. Finding Family

"Good times are a reminder and a reward for dealing with the difficult and challenging times we all go through. The trick is to celebrate the good times in advance of the difficult times. Always remember, good times await you after the difficult times pass." -James A. Murphy III

1 week later:

the black SUV's pulled up to the location of the victims phone that Garcia pinned. we were on a different case in Georgia. Reid and I went to the south side which held a lake, Morgan and Emily took the east, and Rossi and Hotch went west. we split up. I followed Spencer closely as he lead, with our guns drawn. we didn't walk to talk in fear that the unsub was around and would hear us. now and again he glanced back, checking on me to make sure I was still there. 

suddenly I hear screams. it was distant but still audible. "sounds like its behind us" I say as I turn and run in that direction. "Daphne wait!"speaker yelled attempting to chase after me. Morgan and Emily also heard the screams. Spencer tried to keep up but ultimately he ended up losing me. 

I scan the area as I approach where I believe the screams originated from. nothing. I make my way to the waters edge. I trace it with my flashlight. I was hoping to find something, anything. the only screaming I could faintly make out was my teams. they were calling my name. a shiver was sent up my spine and that's when I tried making my way back. he already saw me though. 

he leaped out of the brush, grabbing around me waist, and we both landed in the water. the water was as cold as ice. I managed to scream but it was cutoff as I hit the water. the team recognized and ran faster down to my location. my fight or flight starts to kick in and I start punching at the unsub, trying to get a breath of air. just as I reach the surface, he grabs the hair on the top of my head and submerges me back under, hitting my head against a rock. 

I feel helpless. I struggle, kicking punching, everything. he just over powered me. I got weaker and weaker. my swings and kicks slowing.  the team found the area of the river where I was at. they saw him holding me under, smiling, and without a doubt shot him dead. his body fell on mine. hotch dove in after the unsub to pull him away and Morgan went in for me. I was passed out. I felt a warm touch around my waist. another one appeared on my arm. Morgan wrapped my arm around his neck and held my waist as he pulled me to shore. he set me down on the ground. I wasn't breathing. I had a faint pulse so he did light CPR. "come on princess, don't leave us. not now! Not like this!" the team watched in shock. 

I wake up coughing water and turn my head to the side. a huge sigh of relief was let out. "I'm not leaving yet.." I smile and cough some more. Derek couldn't help but laugh. him and Rossi helped me sit up. it took a few to catch my breath. "when we get home, bonfire at Rossi's house. his orders, not mine." Emily came over and offered me a blanket, I laughed and accepted the offer. I covered my shivering body. Spencer came over and sat next to me. he was out of breath. "next time, you better not split up" I look at him and reply, "not my fault you couldn't keep up" we shared a smile. he went in for a kiss until he remembered that the team was around.  we both make our way to the SUV's to warm up and head to the hotel to get warm clothes. 

after this tiring day, I had enough energy to show up to the bonfire. my eyes were a little blurry, but it's probably from me being tired. Spencer offered to drive me and I accepted. no one knew we were a thing because we had only been dating for 2 weeks. we were the last ones there because I spent too much time talking in the car. I looked around smiling thinking how great of a family I have. I sat next to JJ who was with Will and Spencer sat on my left. 

everyone was laughing, telling stories, and drinking. well, not me and Spencer. as the night went on it got colder. cold to the point where I could see my own breath. even with the fire I shivered a little. Spencer saw that and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in closer to him. he looked over and smiled at me, I did the same. "no way!" Emily exclaimed. "I knew it!" Derek said aloud. "yes yes, its true." Spencer admits. we all start laughing. this is where I wanted to be forever.