5. The Ball

"those who escape hell however never talk about it and nothing much bothers them after that." -Charles Burkowski 

because of my traumatic experience, I had to take a leave of absence for 3 days. lucky me and Spencer now live together so he give me all the details about what's happening at work. I took a quick shower and changed into his clothes. I sat on the edge of the bed mindlessly scrolling through my phone, waiting for my hair to dry. I was so lost in my phone I didn't notice Spencer walk in and stand between my legs. he exaggerated a sigh and took my phone. 

"hey!" I playfully hit his stomach as his hand held my phone to where I couldn't reach. "come on give it back." I stood up and made a pathetic attempt at retrieving my phone. "nope. you have to give me a kiss first." he puckered his lips, expectantly waiting for me to comply. he sighed. "this thing deprived you from me. please." he pouted his lips, practically begging. "fine." I rolled my eyes and cupped his face, swiftly bringing his lips to mine. 

the kiss was heated but not long lasting as I pulled away. I held my hand out with a devilish grin and he chuckled, eyes slightly squinting. "kiss or phone?" he asked. I sat on the bed and pulled him back to my lips, choosing the obvious answer. he rolled over, pulled me with him, and laid on his back. I rested my chin on his chest to look into his hazel eyes. "I knew you would pick that." I hummed, not even caring where my phone was for the moment. now, I got lost in my thoughts. relishing this moment alone with Spence, my love.of course the moment came short when we both got the call.  

for this case I had to go undercover. the unsub was handsome, dark haired British prince. this was an annual ball they held and I attended in hopes to trick him. I wore a black corset ball gown, my hair was down and curly, and I had a dagger strapped to my thigh. I couldn't risk bringing a gun. I walked in the ballroom and all eyes fell upon me. I walked through the crowd and my eyes glance to the prince. I eyed him and when he looked at me, I teased him and started dancing with a few random people. one of them being Spencer but I couldn't make a big deal out of it. the prince slowly made his way to me and pulled me into the dark shadows of the ballroom, out of teams eyesight. 

I start to dance and he slowly glides his hand under my dress and up my thigh, searching for my dagger. I stand still as he removes it from its sheath. "I'll make a deal with you love," he whispers slowly lifting my chin with the tip of the dagger. "I will keep this our little secret of ours if in return, you're mine for the rest of the night." he let out a smirk. 

"deal" I say. his smile grew. he didn't remove the dagger from my neck though. "remove the ear piece" his tone was serious. I had to do it so slowly moved my hand in my left ear and gave him the ear piece. he crushed it in his bare hand. "damnit, Hotch we lost her." Derek says. the team was in a van in the front of the building. "she can handle herself." Hotch tells everyone. Spencer gave a worried look. 

the prince put the dagger in his back pocket and took me to the middle of the dance floor. when it got to the slow music, he put one hand around my waist, the other raising my other hand. I did not enjoy the dance. I kept thinking how much longer I could last and when was my team coming? I couldn't contact them. he nods his head telling me to rest mine on his shoulder. I hesitated but I need to put him away. so I rest my head and he whispers, "cheer up love" I roll my eyes behind his back. 

Spencer grow impatient as the minutes pass. "hotch we need to go in" he begged. "no, she needs more time Reid." he started to pace watching the cameras in his suit. they still have eyes on me, not the best but it was something. he takes me to the bar and orders a drink. he drinks while mine sits untouched on the counter. when he finished his, he looks at me. "your not drinking?" "I'm fine really." I was a little bit uncomfortable now. I eyed the camera and looked away, trying to signal them. "did you see that!" Spencer said. "look she looked at us! I think its a signal" everyone didn't want to listen. they still needed more evidence for an arrest. 

"come one" he grabs my hand. "I have something else we can do" he almost has to drag me into a back room. there were no cameras. "we lost eyes!" Garcia exclaims. it had been 5 minutes and I still hadn't come out. "screw this I'm going in" Reid yelled. he grabbed a gun and ran in. "Reid-" Hotch yelled and ran after him. 

in the room he pushed me into the storage closet shelf. he started kissing me. I didn't want it. I didn't want any of it. I tried turning my head away and pushing him off. he started to kiss my neck and his hands went up my legs. the door slams open. "FBI! PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" shouted Morgan. he saw the prince on me and tackled him off me. Spencer ran in after and held me. "hey, hey, you're okay." 

as Morgan dragged the prince away he smiled at me. it was a big creepy smile and he had blood from his mouth. I look away and Spencer saw. he stood me from his view of me. "I'm sorry... he found me out.." I said as I started to cry. "I know it's ok I'm here." I felt safe in his arms. "come on lets get you home."