"Derek is not going to kill her without proof." Scott whispered and Stiles turned his head to him defensively. "All right, so he tests her like he did with Jackson, but when and where?" Stiles asked as Will looked around the room, his eyes growing wide at who walked in. "I think here and now."

Stephanie, Scott and Stiles turned to see who Will was looking at and saw Isaac and Erica walk in, their eyes trained on Lydia's desk. Stephanie didn't even give the two betas a chance to move before she ran to the empty chair next to Lydia, Stiles ran right after her, pulling up a chair to be on the other side of Lydia as Will and Scott took the table next to them.

Stephanie slowly turned her head to look behind her as Isaac and Erica took the table behind her, Lydia and Stiles. Isaac turned to Stephanie, sending her a smirk and a small wave, making Stephanie's eyes go wide as she turned back to the front, her heart fluttering in her chest.

"Einstein once said, two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe. I myself have encountered infinite stupidity." Mr. Harris said, standing in the aisle between Stiles and Will, patting both of their shoulders. Will gave the teacher a sarcastic smile. "Love you too, Harris." Will sang, giving him finger guns. Mr. Harris rolled his eyes at Will and turned back to the rest of the class. As Mr. Harris looked away, Will flipped him off, giving the back of the teachers head a cheeky smile.

"So to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or in Mr. Stilinski and Mr. Saticoy's case, smaller than one." Mr. Harris said and Will made a strangling motion as he glared at the teacher but when Mr. Harris turned to look at him, Will quickly dropped his hands, giving him an innocent smile.

"Erica, you take the first station. You'll start with..." Almost every boy and a few girls raised their hands, making Mr. Harris groan. "I didn't ask for volunteers. Put your hormonal little hands down. Start with Mr. McCall."

...

Stephanie was partnered first with Stiles, the two silently working as they made glances towards Erica who was partnered with Scott and Isaac who was with Will every once and a while.

When Mr. Harris rang the bell to switch groups, Stephanie went to go to Lydia's table but Scott got their first, making Stephanie sigh in relief, taking the empty table in front of them as she felt someone sit down beside her.

Stephanie slowly turned her head, her eyes going wide at Isaac beside her. Isaac slowly turned to her, sending her a smile that reminded her of him before he turned into a werewolf. Stephanie turned back to the table, working on the assignment. She didn't want to show any reaction even though she knew very well that Isaac could hear her hearts rapid beating in her chest.

"You know, werewolves can hear a persons heartbeat, right?" Isaac asked before leaning down closer to Stephanie, his lips practically touching her ear. "And I can hear your heart practically beating out of your chest, Steph." He whispered in a low voice, making a chill go down Stephanies spine. She slowly turned to face him, not knowing he hadn't moved away. Their noses grazed each other's and Stephanie's breath hitched.

Isaac looked into Stephanie's eyes before they fell to her lips. He quickly looked back up into her eyes, silently hoping she didn't catch that but she did and before either of the teens could do anything, Mr. Harris rang the bell to switch stations.

...

Stephanie ended up with Will as her last partner, the siblings finishing the assignment just before Mr. Harris rang the bell. "Time! If you catalyzed the reaction correctly, you should now be looking at a crystal."