Jungkook gasped and I turned to him from the kitchen with my arms crossed too gaze at his shocked expression. "Well, you're very tiny and cute for a grown man... Not to mention that you're smart, and incredibly sexy."

The skin atop my ears, traveling to my cheekbones were blazed with an astonishing amount of heat. I tried to keep my composure and exit the kitchen area to glide my way back toward my bedroom without another word. I could Jungkook's pleading voice behind me.

"Where 'ya goin', babe?"

"I'm surprised you don't remember," I paused as I walked to face Jungkook who was beginning to follow behind me like puppy on a leash, "my eomma needs to be taken to the hospital... For her treatment today."

Jungkook's facial features melted into a still, stale look. But it didn't last for long as it immediately transformed into a raising panic. "Then we have to go then."

I tilted my head at his split decision making, puzzled on how he tagged himself along. "You-- don't you have another priority? Playing your games?"

He shrugged with a scowl. "It can wait for right now- this... I'm going." He stopped himself short from explaining, not giving me any openings to refute. He turned on his heel and walked in the opposite direction toward his room door. Pressure built up in my chest, and my mouth was aching to respond.

"You're not getting in the car with me." I stated and Jungkook laughed maniacally as if he had a better idea.

"I have a motorcycle, kitten! You can't outsmart me, princess!" I bit my cheek at his clever response.

Why did I underestimate such a persistent opponent like him in the first place? Don't I always lose?

Jungkook disappears behind his room door and before I opened mine, I shouted out for the last statement.

"You better be quick, Jungkook! I won't be waiting for you this time!" There was a muffled yell of what I could make out as 'yes, your highness' from Jungkook's side. My lips twitched into a small grin as I twisted the door knob to my room, entering it and actually pressing the start button to my day.

////

After I was dressed in my work attire due to the fact, I was going to head straight to there after I send my eomma off. I headed out of the door in no time, hopping inside my car where my engine rumbled as I began to take off. Jungkook did as he said- like always- he stayed near me as he tailed my car with his motorcycle everyone once in a while, I'd glance up the taller boy who beamed at me like the surface of the sun peeking through the clouds of a rainy day.

We stayed like that the whole way; throughout it I had to tumble through the irritating experience that was to ignore the numerous times my phone would ring and sound beside me. My fingers were begging to grab the device and take a peek at the screen, but I knew what would happen if I acted upon it. I'd be adding on another bulky, bothersome layer of stress on my shoulders if responded.

Mostly because I knew exactly who it was on the other side.

A call and message from Jackson Wang were not in my realm of options as of now. Not after our most recent conversation; his gravel-like voice flowing through opposite side of the call just yesterday when he called unexpectedly during the outing I had at the mall. I didn't want to cause any extra conflicts with the man. Keeping my distance for now, and charging into what was important to me than anything else at the moment was what I needed.

But it still picked at me as I drove along; it felt as if the speakers on the phone were getting larger as the sound amplified within just a few seconds. A clock resonated in my brain- the ticking ceasing to end, the reminders of the same beautiful alarm I set every morning.