Prologue

Le Psycho Barbie.

Guys, I am not Korean so if any of you see anything wrong with the honorifics I'll use in the rest of the story, please let me know.

Paperwork.

Some more paperwork.

And some more paperwork.

Staring at all the paperwork spread out before him, Frankenstein Lee wondered if he really should have taken the decision of becoming the principal of the high school he founded. He was, after all, the chairman of Ye Ran in all honesty. He could just hire another qualified person, another qualified person who had also had several years of teaching experience, to take his place as principal of the school while he would simply turn up at special events and such like all the other chairpersons of all the other schools. And yet, whenever he attempted to persuade himself to do just that, something would stop him. He could not exactly place a finger on what that something was, but it was something.

Perhaps it was the innocent smiles and laughs of the children that he would never get to witness on a daily basis if he quit being the principal.

Perhaps it was the loneliness of his large but empty home which felt far less appealing than the usual clamor of the environment of a typical high school.

Perhaps it was the loneliness of his own soul, which had remained lonely for eight hundred and twenty years.

At that last thought, Frankenstein suddenly shoved aside the pile of papers that had meticulously been positioned on his desk, and abruptly shot up from his seat. This was why he refrained from bringing his work into his office at home. He knew that the saddening silence of his home which was nowhere near as comforting as the serene silence of another home, in another time, would only drag him into those depressing thoughts and memories from which he never seemed to able to find any escape and distract him from his work. There had, however, been a special assembly at school today due to which he had not received much time to finish signing the papers he knew had to be signed at all costs before next week, and hence he had chosen to bring those remaining documents to his office at home.

Just as he had expected though, he did not truly finish officiating many of those documents.

It was a Friday night anyway. Owing to the grief and the sorrow that constantly pounded into him and weighed him him down with each passing day, it could be anticipated what a grown man like him would prefer over occupational work on a Friday night. These thoughts set in mind, Frankenstein briskly slammed shut the door of his home office and hurried down to his front door where he grabbed his coat off the hook, following which he quietly pulled open the front door.

Only to gasp and almost topple over a basket lying right on his doorstep.

Frankenstein quickly stepped back and composed himself for a moment, questioning himself as to whether what he had seen outside was truly what he thought he had seen. A basket lying on his doorstep? Like in a fictitious movie or novel? How could that be possible? And if it were possible, could there truly be a baby inside that basket?

A sharp cry answered all those questions soaring through Frankenstein's mind and he gulped softly, slowly stepping back out his door to stare down at the basket. There was a movement beneath the light pink blanket that had been nestled into the wicker object, and he sighed loudly.

After everything that had happened today, the last thing which he had expected to be added to his list of things was to deal with an abandoned baby.

Frankenstein glanced around the entire area of his mansion once, hoping against hope to catch any of the teenage children of his neighbourhood lingering around with the intent of recording his reaction to their silly prank, however, just as he had foreseen, there was not a soul around. His colony was as silent as it generally was at this time on a normal Friday night. Therefore, seeing as he had no other alternative left, the blonde steadily crouched down to touch the basket and gently removed the blanket, only to nearly jolt back in shock when a tiny little fist suddenly grabbed his thumb without warning.