The Professor's Lab

Start from the beginning

"Yes," I say, handing it over.

"Let me see..." She fiddles with it. "Oh, you've caught 300 Pokémon in the Unova region! Amazing! Absolutely amazing! You've caught every Pokémon in the Unova region! Congratulations!"

"Yep, well, besides one, but it took me forever."

"I bet!" Juniper exclaims handing it back to me.

A man comes in from the door with similar hair to Professor Juniper; both style and color except it's faded. He walks straight up to me.

"Hello, I've heard you've completed your Unova pokedex."

"Wow, word travels that fast, huh?" I chuckle.

"I'm Professor Juniper as well, the father of the one you know."

"Wow, two Professor Junipers? Crazy!" I exclaim.

"Daddy!" Juniper says and hugs her father close. "I haven't seen you in a while!"

He responds to her, but I don't hear it because I'm thinking of something else. I lower my head. I wonder where my father is? Does he even know were we are? I should've asked her more questions...

"If you don't wanna get us confused you may call me Cedric. Anyhoo, I came here to give you a new pokedex. One that will record any Pokémon not native to the Unova region. So you can give your old one to my daughter to study the Pokémon you've recorded."

"Sweet!" I say and hand my old pokedex back to the professor. Cedric hands me a new one. "Does this one have all the ones I already recorded?"

"Indeed it does."

"Even better!"

"Isn't it? Now you can record the Pokémon you don't know."

"Awesome! Wait! I have more Pokémon I have to find! This stinks!"

"Indeed you do!" Cedric laughs a hearty laugh and I couldn't help but give a small tired smile. "You come and check back with me so I can check your progress."

"I might not get a chance once I start getting challengers."

"Challengers? You a gym leader or something?"

"Father?! She's the champion!" Juniper fusses.

"Oh my! I'm sorry! I had no idea! Proves how much I know, guess I'm getting old! Sorry if I said anything rude!"

"Don't worry! I'm not a rude champion that takes offense to everything!" I say.

"Oh, thank goodness. You know you can never be too sure!"

I laugh. "Very true."

The professor notices Bianca and fusses with her. "Bianca! You need to hurry and get to Aspertia City! Some new trainers are going to be beginning their journey tomorrow! You need to get those Pokémon to them!"

"Yes! I'm sorry! I was just distracted by White's return! I'll be leaving now!"

"Wait! Did you say Aspertia City?"

"Yes?" Juniper says questioning.

"That's where I'm going! How about we travel together?" I ask Bianca.

"Really? Sure! That'd be great! Now I won't be lonely!"

"Then let's get moving!" I yell, grabbing her arm and pull her out the door. The door slams behind us and I begin walking towards Route 1. "So, where do we have to go?"

"We need to get on a boat at Castelia City. That boat will take us to Virbank City from there we have to walk."

"Can't you just fly there?" I ask.

"I don't have a flying type or the move fly. Plus this way it's healthier!"

I laugh. "Of course, I should've known. Then let's hurry to Accumula Town!"

We proceed through to Route 1. We turn left then left again then we continue straight to Route 1.

"Bianca!"

We turn around and we see her father running up to us.

"Father?"

"Bianca!" he says, running out of breath and leans over to get it, hands resting on his knees. Once he's collected his breath he speaks again. "I'm glad I caught you." He looks over at me. "Oh my! Well, look at you! I haven't seen you in forever! You've grown taller! I can't believe that you are the champion now! Good for you!"

"Thanks!"

He smiles then looks back at Bianca. "Anyway, Bianca, your grandmother is here and you need to go and say hello and visit with her."

"Father!? I have to go give some new trainers their first pokemon!" Bianca says and shows him the case of three pokeballs.

He grabs the case then shoves it into my hands. "White can take care of it, right?"

"Oh, yes. I have plenty of time to do it," I say sarcastically and roll my eyes to show my disdain.

"Great!" he says, obviously not understanding that I was being sarcastic. He grabs Bianca's arm. "Come on! You know how mad your grandmother gets when she has to wait!" They run off.

"I'll call you on the xtransceiver to tell you where to go!" Bianca shouts behind her.

"Alright!" I shout back with a wave.

They disappear and Lucario turns to me. "So I guess I have to get back in my pokeball?"

"Yeah, I promise I will take you back out once we land," I say and return him to his pokeball. I grab another pokeball and throw it out.

"Brav!" Braviary calls out once released and bends down so I can get on him.

I hop on. "To Castelia City!"

"Brav!" he calls out, pushes down on his wings, and we are up in the air off to Castelia City.