Chapter 10: L'enfant gâté

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]

Two days later

Freddy

   "Hello? Tasting… Tasting… Everybody can hear me?" was saying in French L'enfant gâté's owner. "Perfect. I would like to have everybody's attention for one minute; then you can go back to your favorite food."

   People's conversations ceased as the owner waited for the place to be in total silence.

   "Alright. First of all, I would like to thank everybody for joining us today; clearly today is not like every day, because for some reason we've got all these balloons and new decorations. As you may have noticed, many days ago people had the idea of L’enfant gâté hiring those brand new attractions considered like humans, and that children would have the opportunity to play along and see them anytime they want with. Well, guess what? Now they're here!"

   I heard many claps, although that was more like children's squeals.

   "I might add that it wasn't so easy to take them here and get them prepared, but I said to myself: 'hey, all of kids from l’enfant gâté deserve something really special for that kindness of choosing us'. Am I right, little buddies?"

   It looked like a group of kids were waiting so badly for the curtains in the stage to open, since their squeals sounded just a few inches away from us.

   "Alright! Then, with nothing more to say, let's meet our new best friends!" And then he walked off the stage.

   I felt a little nervous for this moment to finally come along, but I was sure I was gonna be able to handle this.

   "Good luck, Freddy," Bonnie whispered to me.

   After that he came back to his position before the curtains in front of us opened. A childish music started playing louder as many spotlights aimed the whole restaurant from above. I felt so thrilled by Bonnie's words that, before they could open the curtains, I took a long step towards him and kissed his cheek. Then I came back to my position and I was before a yellow restaurant with many children wearing coats; some of them sitting on the tables, others just standing and lying their arms on the stage.

*L’enfant gâté Freddy activated*

We both kept waving at all those children who were smiling at us. Their parents didn't salute us, but their glances seemed to be looking at two beloved guys. The owner started speaking from behind of all the tables around by a microphone.

   "Ok, kids, I'll first introduce you the purple rabbit. And then those spotlights stopped in Bonnie, who was still waving with his guitar in hand. "He is Bonnie the Bunny. He used to make children happy in the United States many years ago in a restaurant called MoonLight to be precise. Now he's going to join us to make us so happy and have a great time."

   Then the kids started waving at Bonnie, who waved back in a more specific way m.

   "Hey, little buddies!" His sounded a lot like those days he used to work at MoonLight and Freddy’s. "I am your good, ol' friend Bonnie the Bunny! I hope you're having a good time here at L’enfant gâté, because we've still got many surprises for you! So please keep eating here and have a great time with your families! Remember that this couldn't be possible without them." He laughed.

   The children clapped as soon as he finished his dialogues.

   "Our great friend Bonnie is going to play his guitar for us every day we come here. But now let's meet that big guy right next to him!" The children clapped again, maybe louder this time. "I'm pretty sure many of you happened to hear or watch in tv something about him: our great friend Freddy Fazbear. Put your hands together for him!"

   And then the lights aimed at me, it was already time to get back on the road.

   "Good morning, kids! My name is Freddy Fazbear, and I love children! During these days we're going to have lots of fun with our families here. I want to say that I will always be here waiting for you to have hours of fun together!" I laughed a little. "Beside, since today is a very special day for all of us, ¡Bonnie and I will sing a song for you!"

   They clapped one more time as the owner spoke back by the microphone.

   "That's right, Freddy. Ok, kids, let's put our hands together one more time for Freddy and Bonnie to sing to us a song. Hit it, guys!"

   Then he played our song. Bonnie started moving his hand and playing some of his guitar's strings, as I held my microphone a little closer to my snout and followed the lyrics programmed in me. Some of the parents around followed me for knowing it. No children did, but instead, some of them came in front of the stage to hop along and 'dance' the song. Those weren't exactly dancing moves, but I loved to see them having fun together and enjoying the music. Sometimes Bonnie and I walked to the edge of it for the children to come and give us a high five or carry on with the song—with the help of my microphone; they always felt ashamed when I gave them the chance. There weren't too many families that used to leave the place, but rather they kept coming and sitting on the remaining sits around, even some of them had to stay on their feet against the walls to watch us. The feeling of working back and be useful, at least for one kid, was priceless; it was worth it to stay here and sing as many times as we had to keep them happy, no matter how much my feet and my back hurt.

   In the end of our song, the owner reminded them that they could get closer to us and say goodbye or any other thing any time. So then Bonnie and I stopped singing and just focused on waving around and sometimes saying some dialogues, it was more common for him to play his guitar and for me to sing, quieter, my songs though.

*    *    *

The last workers closed the restaurant's front door and headed away from here, leaving us in the same position we had when the day started. In an instant I opened my eyes to find a dark restaurant with some moonlight turning it a little blue. Bonnie was next to me with his eyes closed. I guessed he was waiting for me to give him any sign to wake up so we could head towards our bedroom; we'll be sharing this big bed.

   I was willing to wake him up, but I hesitated as soon as I felt something in my back. When I took it out, I could see it was the map Mangle gave us before she died. I smiled at it while I was watching back those lines and her handwriting. There was in one corner in the bottom of the paper a sentence that said: 'Good luck. Love ya' with a little heart in the end.

   I walked inside our bedroom before he woke up. These walls seemed to be made out of expensive wood, but it was actually rock. I walked to a wardrobe right in front of our bed, in which we had already left many of our stuff when we got here; we barely had stuff of ours. However, there's a space that it's not covered with doors, so I put down the map there as if I didn't want it to crinkle. Next to it there was the picture Chica once took of me at Freddy’s, Bonnie's Christmas letter and, of course, my daisy: that way of communication that allowed us to be back together, not to mention the other things that were also helpful. To honor it, Bonnie and I are now wearing little daisies in the same spot I once had this one.

   My smile vanished as I stared at each of those things that had a huge meaning in my life. He and I were too lucky to have such good, animatronic friends that knew how important is solidarity, at least until their system expired due to catastrophic issues. Maybe this isn't about luck, but about that sweet sparkle inside of them that made them want us to be happy; not only us, but anyone who went across their way as well, whether it was human or animatronic. I never had the opportunity to have a human friend like Bonnie's, but that doesn't mean that mine were less important: no matter how fancy or damaged the flesh or the metal is, the pearl inside will always speak what no one can see. The only way that occured to me to pay back all of that, is being happy here with Bonnie, which, after all, was their objective during the time we shared alive. That's what I'm going to do: I'll stay in this restaurant by his side, no matter how many risks we could be involved in or how many miles we had to travel around the world. I'm sure they will be proud of my commitment with him and with themselves. And… I don't know, but maybe someday it will be time for me to see my family; my animatronics, fly away and find their way to happiness. I will always agree until I sigh for the last time.

THE END

[🌼] ------------------- |•| ------------------- [🌼]