Chapter Ten: week after week, tear after tear.

We sat in chairs around his bed, some of the guys had to go, they either had to get ready for Magcon, or they wanted to check up on sleep. I really need sleep right now, I curl up in my chair and hold Hayes' hand.

Matt took an extra blanket and covered me up, he took some for himself too. Nash was also here but he was passed out. Only a couple of guys stayed, Matt, Cameron, Jack, and Jack.

I slowly drifted to sleep.

"Hayes, put me down!" I giggled as he held me in his arms, we were at the beach.

"Race ya to the water!" He yelled when he put me down. He ran off the the water and he won. Nash handed us our surfboards and we paddled out to the waves. We caught some really nice waves, but there was a monster was coming, we went for it. We were riding it and it looked so beautiful. I was near the end and the wave began to close, I tried to move to the middle but I couldn't. The wave jerked me under water repeatedly. Every time I tried to take a breath, it would pull me under again. The last time it pulled me under, I hit my head on a rock. Everything went white, until I heard a voice.

"Alexis." Then that voice was followed by another voice.

"I think she's waking up." The voice said.

I slowly opened my eyes and began to cough up water. The first person I saw was Hayes, he was standing over me, he looked so relieved that I was okay.

Then, I was woke up from trying to catch up on sleep. Nash woke me up.

"Alexis, I'm going to the food court, do you want to go with me?" I shook my head and stayed in the chair most of the day. I only got up if I needed to use the bathroom or if the nurse came in and needed to check on Hayes. I got up and put a tank top and yoga pants on and pulled my hair up in a ponytail.

Matt finally woke up and noticed that I had changed.

"What are you going to the gym?" He laughed. I shook my head.

"No, I just needed to change into something other than a hospital gown." I pointed to my hospital gown that I put next to my bag. I stopped looking at the gown and my gaze went back on Hayes, tears filled my eyes. He nodded and held my hand.

"He'll be okay, I mean, he's in a coma, he's fighting to make it back to you, I can assure you that. He loves you Alexis." I smile and wipe my eyes.

"I know, I'm just scared, what if he wakes up and doesn't remember us?" He shook his head.

"He'll remember you. How could he forget you?" I looked into Matt's eyes and saw that he was trying to hold back a tear. I got up out of my chair and hugged him, he hugged me tight and didn't let go, he began to cry but I shushed him, trying to keep him calm.

"Matt, are you okay?" Gilinsky asked as he, Nash, and Johnson walked in with food. Matt nodded through my shoulder.

It's been weeks and Hayes still didn't wake up. I lost weeks of sleep and cried so much. I got up and paced around the room, I rubbed my forehead and paced trying to hold my tears. Now I worry, I tell myself everyday, he'll be okay, he'll wake up. He still hasn't woke up, not even the twitch of a finger. I still sit in that stupid chair and wait, but still, nothing happens.

"Please wake up, Hayes, please. I'm not going anywhere until you wake up. I don't want to lose you." I mumble.

"Don't give up Alexis. He will wake up one day." Matt said.

I look at Hayes and his finger twitches, it's been weeks and finally his finger twitches. Then, his eyes slowly open. I smile and Matt just stares at Hayes for a moment. I quickly tuck my hair behind my ears and run my fingers through his hair. He smiles and put his hand on my cheeks.