Chapter Four: Dinner with the Grier's

I grabbed my phone out of my purse, I type my code and text Evan. I totally forgot to text him. "Evan, I'm so sorry that I didn't text you. I meant to but I forgot. I met this amazing guy and aunt Taylor is very sick." As I typed, Hayes leaned over my shoulder.

He took my phone out of my hand and went to my contacts. He made a new contact, he put his name and number in my phone. My phone vibrated and it was Evan, he said, "hey it's fine Lex, I'm glad you texted me. And I'm sorry to hear that your Aunt is very sick. And who is this guy?" Hayes took a selfie sent it to Evan. He gave me my phone back, I turned it off and watched as Skylynn played with Nash, Nash was on the other side of Sky. He was making funny faces and Sky was giggling.

Finally we got to the restaurant and Hayes held my hand and helped me get out of the car. He held the doors for me and we held hands until we got to the table. We all ordered, me and Hayes are going to split spaghetti. As we waited for our food, they began asking me questions about my family, my interests, and what I want to do with my life after high school. Sky handed me a crayon and we colored her menu. She was very good at drawing, she was so good at coloring the pictures. I have my purse on my lap and I felt it vibrated, I was getting a call. I took my phone out and saw that it was mom.

"Something wrong Alexis?" Hayes father asked me.

"Uh, yes. My mother is calling me. I have to take this, I'll be right back." I took my phone and went into the bathroom.

"Mom?, what's wrong?" She began rambling on about something. "Mom, calm down. What's wrong? Is everything okay?" She was still rambling. I walked out of the bathroom and stood near the kitchen.

"Mom!!!!!!" She paused for a minute.

"Honey, there's been an accident. Evan- Evan was in an accident. It was him and Tierra. They're in shock trauma. But they might not make it. Honey, I'm so sorry. I just found out, they're mothers told me." Tears begin pouring down my face. I try to hold them back but I can't. As the tears pour down my face, Hayes looked at me. He noticed that I was crying and began walking to me.

"Lexi, what's wrong? Is everything okay?" I shake my head as he pulls me close to him and rubs my back.

"There's been- there's been an accident. Evan and Tierra are in shock trauma. They might- n- not make it." He lets me rest my head on his chest. I can hear his heart beat and it begins to calm me down.

"Ssh, it's okay. It's okay. You're okay. Ssh." He still held me and he looked at me with those icy blue eyes that you could get lost in.

"You're okay, you're okay." He wiped my tears from my face and we begin to walk back to the table. I suddenly get a text, it's mom. She took a picture of the accident. Evan's car was wrecked horribly and there was another car that was wrecked but not as bad. I show Hayes the picture, he looks at me.

"Who were they, Evan and Tierra?" His parents and Nash look confused.

"Tierra, I've known since I was little. And Evan, he was another one of my best friends. They are really close. And I- I might lose them." My hands were shaky.

"Mom said that she's going to the hospital and make sure that they are alright."

"What happened Alexis?" Hayes mother asked.

"My friends back home were in an accident. The paramedics are taking them to shock trauma. They might not make it." Sky hugged me and showed me her drawing. It looked really good. She gave it to me and I smiled at her artwork and put it in my purse.

Finally the food came. Me and Hayes ate the spaghetti and when we were done, I checked my phone. Nothing, mom didn't text me. She was probably at the hospital.

After dinner, we went back to the house. Hayes put a movie on and we both laid on his bed, we watched if I stay. I rested my head on his chest as we watched the movie. I began getting sleepy and he was too. We both tried to fight it but I think it got the best of us.

I think it's morning now, it probably is, because Sky and Nash were trying to get us up. Nash poured water on Hayes and Sky jumped on me, repeatedly. I quickly woke up and looked at the clock, it was 12:30 in the afternoon.

"Hayes, Hayes!!" He snapped up too, he began wiping water off of his face.