𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

• • • • • • •

• • • • • • •

the familiar roar of a crowd could be heard past a silvery curtain that glittered in the stage lights as alex, reggie, and luke materialized backstage at the hollywood ghost club.

reggie looked down at his clothes, and his mouth dropped open in awe. he wore a red satin jacket with black butterflies printed all over it, with a black shirt and vest to match his bright red bass guitar. when he glanced over to his friends, he saw them dressed in similar fashions. luke was sporting an all-cobalt blue tux, complete with a black bow tie and a ruffled dress shirt. alex couldn't help but grin at his pastel pink suit jacket adorned with a rose on the lapel. his golden chain was draped around his neck, visible through the sheer dress shirt that hung loosely over his chest.

as they admired their clothes, reggie realized that one of their four was missing. char must have been pulled away from him sometime during the journey here to the hollywood ghost club, and now, she was nowhere to be found. he turned to luke as he scanned their surroundings for any sign of her.

"hey, have you seen-"

footsteps came down the stairs above the three boys, and a familiar presence came into view next to them, his voice cutting off reggie's question.

"well, don't you look nice?" caleb covington said through his teeth, adjusting his cuff links as he looked at the three musicians in front of them

"sweet threads." reggie had to admit, still in awe of his exquisitely fit satin suit.

"how-how'd you know our sizes?" alex asked, admiring the pastel pink of the clothes that fit him perfectly.

luke shot him a look. "that's your question?" he said grumpily as he adjusted his bow tie.

reggie looked around for any sign of the girl they were missing. "where's char? what did you do with her?"

caleb waved him off. "don't you worry about her. she knows what she signed up for."

"what is that supposed to mean?" he started to step forward but was pushed back- by luke's hand and his own fear of caleb's powerful magic.

the magician ignored reggie and clapped his hands together, looking at all three of them. "now, i know you boys aren't my biggest fans, and an eternity at my club might seem overwhelming but," he motioned to their luxurious outfits, "i just put you in sweet threads, so humor me this one last pitch."

luke bit back a sharp-tongued response. he decided that, after caleb's threat to charlotte just minutes earlier, a comeback wasn't his best idea.

"now, for starters, isn't it nice that you're all here together?" he asked, glancing at reggie first. "and everything you want," he pointed at alex, "including willie," then, looked to reggie again, "including your..." he paused, a slight tone of disdain in his voice, "confident young lady, charlie, is here."