𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

• • • • • • •

• • • • • • •

in the days since going to the beach, luke and the band had gone into "overdrive songwriting mode," as reggie called it, leaving charlotte to her own devices during the day.

luke cited preparing for their next gig (whenever that was) to justify this (ridiculous) songwriting spree, but char had a feeling that luke was just feeling extra inspired by a certain lead singer named julie molina. however, every time she walked past the boys on her way out of the studio, it was always reggie scribbling things onto the blank pages of their notebook, not luke. maybe it was the bad handwriting thing-yeah, that had to be it.

to pass the time, charlotte did her usual wandering of downtown hollywood, occasionally popping her head into blake's office or the lobby of the grief center, just to see what was going on. there wasn't much these days. blake ran group therapy, she saw individual kids, she stared at the picture of charlie on her desk. it was more of the same every single day. char wondered if blake was ever going to truly move on, and after a few days, she seriously doubted it. it was sad to watch, but she couldn't pull herself away.

it made her wonder whether the feelings she now realized she had for her best friend were mutual. what if blake had loved her too?
it certainly wasn't the craziest idea. from what she'd gathered by watching her the past couple of days, blake wasn't married. it was just her and ivy. there was no mention of ivy's dad, no sign of anyone else in blake's life. she was completely isolated.

blake's life seemed so sad.

charlotte wiped a tear that threatened to fall away from her eye as she thought about it, sitting at the foot of her futon in the loft.

she was getting quite bored of spying on blake. all it did was make her sad and remind her of the fact that she was dead-gone from the lives of everyone she'd loved in life.

she wanted the feeling she got with the boys again. their "overdrive songwriting mode" had dragged on for days now, and she just didn't know what to do with herself anymore.

she sighed and stood up, then pulled a sweatshirt out of her dresser to prepare for another day of wandering around hollywood, searching for anything to keep her constantly whirring brain entertained.

she tightened the laces on her converse, then climbed down the ladder.

over on the couch sat luke, alex by his side quietly mumbling lyrics while he strummed a few chords. reggie was nowhere to be seen.
he was usually next to luke, fervently writing down lyrics or plucking out basslines on his guitar. he was always there to offer charlotte a bright smile when she left for the day.