matcha & mochi

Y/n had Saturday's off but this was her favorite place after all

Y/n had Saturday's off but this was her favorite place after all. She was craving matcha and mochi. Yes a weird combination for most people but she loves it.

She usually came here on her free days to get her favorite treats and sketch in her sketchbook while sitting on the tables outside.

Something about drawing while overlooking the sunset made her feel at ease. Sure she can draw in her room but her siblings were loud and she needed a break sometimes.

Deep down she also hoped she was lucky and seen the girl she served the day before . It was probably stupid for her to think about it but a girl can dream right ?

"Here's your matcha and mochi's Y/n" said Kira Y/n's best friend . She also worked at the cafe which made it even better .

"Thanks Kira" Y/n gave her best friend a soft smile. "What's wrong girl you're usually more excited about  matcha."

"No the matcha's great I'm just thinking sorry" Y/n replied as she drank some of her drink.

"What's on your mind bitch" Kira said as she sat down at Y/n table.

"Kira you're on your shift right now you can't do this !!" Y/n said panicked as she looked around hoping no one had seen her.

"Does it look like I care ? Clearly my best friend is going crazy in that mind of hers so obviously he needs her amazing best friend to help !"

" You're just making excuses to take a break" Y/n said as she rolled her eyes .

"Yea that too but, since I'm here spill the beans !"

"Sometimes I wonder how you still have a job but , anyways yesterday I served a really pretty girl and I haven't been able to stop thinking about her" Y/n sighed .

"I know it's wrong like I have a girlfriend but I really want to see her again"

"WRONG ?! THIS IS AMAZING!"

"Sofia treats you so badly and literally flirts with other girls you deserve so much better and you never know maybe you and that mystery girl hit it off." Kira wiggled her eyebrows.

" I don't even know her though what if she's way older than me ? What if she isn't even interested in girls ? WHAT IF I DON'T EVEN SEE HER AGAIN ?!" Y/n covered her face with both hands .

"Okay first stop being negative ! If you do see her again, simply ask to be friends and  get to know her more and go from there" Kira said while smiling.

"Omg you're so right thank you" Y/n replied. "Of course I am what would you ever do without me" Kira started laughing loudly.

"Well you better get back to work before you get caug-"

Y/n froze as she saw the same girl from yesterday walking toward the cafe. "Omg Omg that's the girl from yesterday !!" Y/n whisper shouted to her best friend.

"WHAT OMG SHE IS SUCH A HOTTIE" Kira screamed. "Omg shut up loud mouth she's gonna see me" Y/n whispered.

"Uh isn't that the point ?! You were just talking about wanting to see her again well here she is so you better take advantage of this !" Kira scolded Y/n.

"What if she thinks i'm weird for talking to her out of nowhere! Should I just wait to see if she says something first ?" Y/n questioned .

"Y/n Y/n you can't always wait around for people to do it first. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith to get what you want"

"Ok i'll see, just go back to your job before you get caught." Y/n told her best friend who was secretly coming up with a plan to make the mystery girl see Y/n.

"Yea Yea whatever i'm going" Kira turned away and went back to the cashier.

Y/n ate her mochi nervously hoping she could build up the courage to talk to the girl who was sitting two tables down from her . 

Unbeknown to Y/n Mina had already seen her but was trying to think of a way to talk to her without seeming weird .

" I should just say what comes to mind in that moment" Mina got up as she headed toward Y/n.

Y/n was distracted drawing when Mina caught her attention.

"Hey pretty girl"

"Are you talking to me" Y/n looked up at her with a small pink tint to her cheeks.

"Of course I am who else would I be talking to ?" Mina said as she laughed sitting down at her table.

Y/n felt relieved that she wasn't the only one who wanted to be friends . The mystery pretty girl also did too.

"So what's your name mystery girl?" Y/n asked.

"Mina Ashido" she replied with a bright smile.