Liar

Chapter 11

Don't even try, you'll never understand her

Waste of your time tryna decipher her demeanor

Losing your mind, she'll never follow your commands,

Her heart is frozen, full of anger.

Trust is a simple concept, you give up so much with just a few words. You put your life on the line for someone who could easily switch up. So when you start to trust someone, you run. Look the other way, run and never turn back.

So that's what I did, I ran from another problem.

It had taken almost 3 hours to get to my safe house in the countryside, I had thought about leaving for Russia or Rome but I couldn't bring the bike so there wasn't much point.

Although the countryside was plain and bland there was always a sense of peace here, the air was fresher and the roads were longer and quieter. Perfect for me to speed down the roads.

As I pulled up to the small cottage, I was met with Ace's truck. And a very disapproving, angry face.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He shouted over my engine, making me kill it and pretending like I couldn't hear what he had said.

I strut towards the door, unlocking it with my key refusing to glance at him. If I did I knew I would break down on the spot, but there was enough tears from me this week I refused to cry more. Bottling up all emotions especially anger at this point so I wouldn't go on a rampage.

The cottage had 4 rooms in total, leaving me and Ace a bedroom with our own bathrooms. I entered the kitchen which was split from the living room by the stair case in front of the door. Sitting down at the table and placing my heads on my head, trying to process everything that had just happened in the last day. Reminiscing on the past should be avoided at all cost but when it's the day that changed your life forever you don't have much choice, I thought nothing could be worse than watching his death but today had a bigger impact on everything. My entire future was on the line.

"Angel?" Ace spoke softly as he placed his hand on my shoulder trying not to scare me but still making me flinch away.

"What the fuck is wrong with me?! Why the fuck do I keep flinching?" I shouted louder than expected, startling him by my sudden outburst.

"You always hated physical affection." He chuckled, trying to distract me from the strong desire to punch everything in my way.

I settled down quickly, not wanting to lash out at the only person I could talk too. I unzipped my leather jacket, removing the file from my safe keeping and placing it slowly on the table, not breaking eye contact from it. His eyes tried to meet mine, the same blue almost grey that gave me sense of relief knowing I was finally safe with him.

"I think my names Eva, well Evangeline." I uttered, sounding like I was trying to convince myself more than him.

He laughed so hard he had to hold his stomach, trying to gasp for air he spoke, "That's such a girly name, totally unlike you."

I laughed in response hoping it was such a sick joke but my smile had quickly faded. Reality had hit me as I mumbled, "They knew, they all knew."

Ace's eyebrows furrowed quickly at the thought of me being with other people while manic, well that's what him and Scar knew but oh boy if they knew the full story they would not be happy.

My eyes met his as I watched the calm blue change into a cold grey just like Cole's had done when he was angry.

His fist met my face so quickly I didn't have a chance to fight back, knocking me back on impact as my body had been so weak over the last week.

"Happy birthday princess." Was the last words I heard escape his mouth.