Chapter 20

Tamir~

"We'll be pullin up in thirty," I told Kaila. "Pack some drawers, some deodorant, some-

"Some brass knuckles, some Vaseline," Nalila cut in, taking her eyes off the road to lean over towards my phone.

Kaila laughed into the phone, the choppiness of the signal out here making it sound like a broken garbage disposal. "I'll make sure to bring everything we need."

"Oh, and bring me some pads cause I didn't bring enough," I told her.

"Gotchu."

"So what's the game plan when we get there. What if Ny and Reba all cozied up? Or what if Reba sleep or comfortable and we make her shit herself when we bust in?"

Ny sent Nalila a text and she frowned down at her screen. She read the words, not even bothering to look up at the road although she stayed in the lane.

"Nalila!" I screamed, "Eyes on da damn roaaddd!"

Nalila looked up boredly and slowed to a stop as we reached a red light. "Soo, Ny is saying that somehow Reba talked her into inviting Kaila, Easter, and...you."

"Me?" I frowned.

Is that why I saw a missed call from Nyahmi. "Soo, do you want me to go in there and just beat ass?" I asked slowly. "Tamir, Reba is a giant and she's also prolly strong. We don't have time for I-guess's. Althoughhh....since Kaila will be there maybe you and her will have a fair chance."

"Easter could be on Ny and Reba's side though. That's three against two," I told her.

Nalila furiously looked over at me, "There is no Ny and Reba. We are against Reba not Nyahmi."

"Whatever you say," I mumbled, tapping my hands on the door handle.

"Easter didn't like Reba either. Well, her tone."

"Isn't Easter one of Reba and Ny's friends though. You gotta remember, we're outsiders to this whole friend group. Even Kaila could be plotting against us."

"Kaila would never," Nalila rolled her eyes.

"I'm not getting my ass beat," I told her matter of factly. "Me neither," my friend agreed.

"You have arrived at Watery Falls Apartment Complex, 3-

I turned off the Maps for Nalila.

We pulled up at Kaila's for the same time Apple Maps told us. "Want me to ring da doorbell or call?" I asked, taking a look at the apartments in the complex. We didn't have to enter the code, Kaila was outside the gate waiting for us. She started approaching the car and I unlocked the doors from my seat.

"Hey shorty," I greeted Kaila.

"It's been a minute," she chuckled, dapping me up. I moved off of the arm I had been leaning on, trying to ignore the ache. Nalila and Kaila fist bumped. "You ready to get wild?" Kaila asked, still fitting all of her things into the backseat. The trunk was packed.

"You already know!" Nalila and I responded.

"I brought blunts." Kaila showed us an array of blunts from small to large. "I also brought some drinks in case you afraid sumbody poisoned dem."

"See, see. Ian een think about dat," Nalila admitted, taking a blunt from Kaila. "You know, ion usually take prerolled shit but-

A series of gunshots came from the apartments. "Girl, they still ghetto out here. Let's gon head and go befo you don't have a back window."