Chapter 2

Tamir~

I knocked my phone off the dresser tryna turn off my alarm. "Shoot," I murmured. My drink was knocked over too from the night before. Just some orange juice and apple juice. I should've reprogrammed the little shit not to come on today because the club I worked for wasn't even open. It was too damn cold today.

I fought my covers until I could get them off and walked around the drink I spilled. I got a towel from out the garage and cleaned up the spill then left the towel on the floor as I climbed back into bed.

I woke up an hour later and decided I'd bother my friends. Couldn't sleep and I was bored as hell. Most of my energy was reserved for the club so I wasn't used to staying in and waking up at normal hours. I was ready to be wild and crazy. I could really call some of my stripper friends over but then they'd want me to pay for their "services".

I picked up my phone, laid on my stomach, and kicked my legs as I called up Nalila.

"Did you get shot? You on da run? Ya mama died? You homeless?"

"No-

Nalila hung up.

I pouted, then called her back. "Ta-mir, it is too damn early in da mornin fo all dis."

"I'm bored and I want company," I simply said. "Fuck somebody," Nalila said tiredly. The call went silent. "Ian mean like that Tamir. I'm sorry. Geesh. What you tryna do?"

I cheered up, dancing a little in my cozy bed. "Maybe we could go bowling?"

"Aw hell nahh, that shit boring and the food at bowling places be high as hell."

"Waah," I groaned.

"Did- Did she really just say 'waah'," Nalila asked herself. "Alright, I'll find sumin." She paused, "But it's gon have to be before five sumin because around seven or eight I'm goin to dis movie night with some of my close friends."

"I'm your Close Friend on IG," I smirked.

"Ta-mir," Nalila fake sobbed, saying my name the way she did when she was done with my antics.

"Pleaseeee," I begged.

"You annoyin as hell, you know that?" she laughed. "Hold up, the girl hosting the movie night is calling."

"Keep me on da line, ion feel like hangin up," I sighed, picking at my nails. I heard the line cut and rolled my eyes. Three minutes later Nalila called back and I lazily answered the phone.

"Hey my best homie," I murmured. "I'm really thinking ima fall back asleep."

"Well too bad because Ny changed the movie night to sumin else. I'm bringing you wit me. Matter of fact, I prolly shoulda asked her if I can bring anyone. Cause the get together is really only sposed to be close friends, it's not much of a party-party."

I agreed but I wasn't really listening because a b-word was getting sleepy.

"Ima keep you on da line, hold up."

Nalila's friend answered on the first ring. "Hey, I wanted to know if my friend Tamir could come to da kickback too?"

"Sure, that's fine," the girl agreed immediately. She sounded like a chocolate hood bitch that Tamir wanted. I licked my lips.

"It might be some niggas there," the girl added after a moment. "For what? I thought most of your friends were lesbians."

"Yeah, but a bitch still straight though." The girl on the phone sounded tired. Nalila chuckled like she knew something.

"I'll text you when people start coming over. I don't know if my bestie gon get off of work in time to help set things up. Ima have a lot of food too from the movie night idea."

"I can help out," Nalila said. "And my friend ain't doin nunin today. She's off."

"Ight bet, 'ppreciate it."

The girl hung up and I frowned. "Why you volunteered me? Ion wanna help out, I just wanna eat."

"Free food, new friends we could make," Nalila simply said, "And technically I voluntold you."

"How is it you got invited to some close friends party and you only met the chick at the airport maybe a month ago?" I asked curiously.

"I have my ways," Nalila laughed.

"Aw nahh, you in that bitch's panties," I snorted.

"When you see her, you'd wish you were too."