Chapter 18

Tamir~

"Ny just text that they're almost halfway to Dallas. She said give them an hour or three, she's speeding," Nalila informed me. My friend was doing her own speeding, swerving in between cars and barely abiding traffic laws.

"If we don't make it there nobody will beat her ass," I warned her.

"That's okay, we still got Kaila. Matter of fact, I should stop by her place and pick her up too."

"Doesn't she live up there?" I asked, remembering that I wanted her number.

"Yeah...and no. She lives like closer to Dallas but not quite there. Maybe Huntsville, College Station, DeSoto. One of those places like closely up there," she explained. "I don't really remember."

"She said her place was nearby when we were at the botched kickback is all," I mumbled. "Hey, gimme your phone," I piped up.

Nalila eyeballed me but handed it over out of her lap. "Just don't turn the directions off, I don't know where the hell I'm going."

I suddenly looked over at Nalila. "You letting yo girl be in the same car as the person she basically cheated on you with. To go beat that same person's ass?"

Nalila sighed, tightening her grip on the wheel. "If you got some other shit planned, Nalila, lemme know," I stated, taking a look at her tensed posture. "Nahh, I'm cool. We all cool. It's cool." I rubbed the back of my neck, chewing on the inside of my cheek.

I went back to Nalila's phone and entered her Passcode. My mind wondered back to the kiss we shared earlier as I added Kaila's digits into my phone. "I could call Kaila to get ready if we stop by up there and pick her up," I offered.

"Look and see how far the lodge is to her place," she grunted. "Lodge," I mumbled. "Where's Kaila's place?" I then asked. Nalila looked ready to blow a fuse. "Call Kaila and tell her to be ready. And ask for her address, and use your phone to see the distance from her address to the lodge."

"Nalila, I know I might sound dumb...but that's a lot of directions at once," I blushed, shyly looking at her. "Look. Call her, ask her if she wants to come, get her address, put it into your phone, and see how long it takes to get from her house to the lodge where I'll be whooping ass at."

I meekly opened up my phone and dialed Kaila.

"Hello?"