Choices We Make (Ch. 13)

Hey guys this is a long chapter so strap in and have a good time, also i wrote this chapter about a year ago, so sorry if its not as good as my previous chapters. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I switched gears as the car races around the corner, drifting me into the finish line. As I step out of the car, I spot Franklin coming around the corner in my Destroyer.

Franklin cussing me out while I chuckled along as the car came to a stop.

Franklin: "You... Crazy ass white boy. How in the hell did you do that last move?"

Y/N: "Skill, and learning from you. Guess that makes us even."

Franklin: "Sure, whatever you say dog."

I nod and turn back around to see Izzy walking around the corner.

Y/N: "How did it come out?"

Izzy: "We are good. Next time you drive the Turbo in your up-and-coming race, it'll be more than ready."

Y/N: "Alright, that works for me. Great choice on this location to practice Izzy. Who would've thought we could race midday at the docks."

Izzy: "Yeah, we often have this place as the test run area. Plus, you paid for the upgrades for your car. You need to test everything out for the upcoming race. Speaking of which, when is your race coming up, Franklin?"

Franklin: "Don't worry, I've got my car ready for the race dog. Can't believe it nearly took two weeks to get me a motherfucking spot."

Y/N: "Yeah, well, there's only so much the shop can do. Plus, let's be honest, plus the add ons make your baby terrifying."

Franklin: "Shit, you don't need to tell me. This time I'll come in first. Better believe that."

Izzy: "Speaking of cash, how are we all looking, by the way? I mean, Michael's been kind of quiet?"

Y/N: "Well, as it happens... He's still got a lot of money in the bank, no matter what anyone says."

Franklin: "Maybe a quarter of Million left."

Izzy: "Yeah, I've got about 100K. Been taking care of some debt. So the places we're in for the shops are now ours. No more, baby! What about you?"

Franklin: "Yeah, been meaning to ask why you are staying in that Camper Van. I mean shit, you can at least buy a nice place up there like Michael."

I shrug my shoulders.

Y/N: "I've been making a few investments. Besides the Turbo getting a new engine and a few other things. The cost is about $25 750. I've also started stock trading, put about $50 000 on that. Plus, with Lester's help, I've bought about three apartments totaling $260 000, adding to that is $42 000 for refurbishing and fixing any problems to the house. Add that all up... From my $439 250. It's $87 250."

Franklin and Izzy: "What!?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

Y/N: "It was a good idea at the time. Besides, all the money was wired, and I didn't have any problems with it."

Izzy: "That's a lot of money you spent, player. Shouldn't you be worried?"

Y/N: "Wrong, I didn't spend it. It wasn't under my name. Lester and I came up with the idea that all these actions were under the name Arthur Morgan. Technically I'm 42 and work in England. I have three kids and currently working as a contractor."