Rosi huffs loudly, massaging his hand. You smile and move your arm so the branch brings the pissed cat into your arms.

-Hey Waldy, I'm [Y/N]. -you say, carefully patting its head. The cat purrs and you let him go. It curls into a big furry ball on your lap and you caress him happily.

-I never understood women. Nor cats. -sighs Rosi dramatically and sits up.

-Fur real. -you smile and his eyes widen.

-Was that a joke?

-Was it so bad? -you ask back, blushing.

-Don't worry, it was purr-fect. -he answers, distrustfully eyeing the cat.

You laugh with him for a few seconds, but then your smile disappears.

-I thought you left.

-What? -Rosi looks at you. -I said I won't leave you alone.

-You should.

-Stop this nonsense! You have no chance to convince me. -he huffs and you cast down your eyes.

-And where did you find this little devil? -you drive away the conversation, pointing at the red cat.

-In the forest when I went for some more firewood.

-I don't see firewood.

-I sacrificed it to bring him with me. -he answers, pouting at the dying fire. -You can't save everything in a fierce battle, [Y/N].

You smile and grow two little trees from the floor. His cigarette falls as he drops his jaw.

-I told you to focus on your leg! -he shouts.

-Calm down. I have only the foot left and if the fire goes out, it will be cold again.

He sighs and starts to break and chop up the wood.

-And why did you bring this clawful creature here? -you ask, lifting the kitten. It hisses at you to denote his displease.

-Therapy cat. -shrugs Rosinante like it's the most unequivocal thing in the universe.

-We won't be here for long. I hope he has a real family. -you wonder, placing the cat back on your lap. But it lost its belief in you so walks away to the other side of the room.

You watch Rosinante as he chops the firewood.

He didn't leave me.

I want to be honest with him. But I can't even imagine talking about my past. My present.

-So you were a marine, right? -you ask. Corazon turns around and looks at you for a few seconds.

He's thinking about if he can trust me or not.

-I was. -he smiles. -I am, I guess. I was with Doffy to stop him from doing something terrible with a country.

-How could he do anything by himself?

-By power and by blood. -Rosi whispers and you don't ask about it when you see his face darkening.

You turn back to your injured leg, examining the work you did with it.

-Doffy has planned everything, [Y/N]. -continues Rosinante. -He will get so much power that I won't have a chance against him. My only hope was to give away information about him to the Navy before he becomes too strong.

-But you failed.

He shivers and you regret your harsh words.

-I didn't think he has people in the lines of the marines too... and my research landed in the hands of the worst person. And now I don't know what to do.