Chapter 20: An Apple Red as Blood

Start from the beginning

She checks on Henry, feeling satisfied before going back to bed.

But little does she know that underneath the blacks is just some some propped-up sheets and a flashlight.

Outside

Henry is seated at the playground when Zatanna joins in.

" Zatanna!" Henry greets her as Zatanna asks him," Hey kid, how are you and what's so important we can't wait until morning?"

Henry then say," I heard about what happened just now."

" Yeah, things are not going to look good for your mom. And speaking of her, did Regina let you out?"

Henry shakes his head," No. I snuck out."

" Wow. Gods know what you would be as a teenager." Zatanna remarks as Henry says,
" You know, things here are changing."

" Indeed, how are you holding up after...all this?" Zatanna asks.

" Quite okay. I'm pretty happy Miss Blanchard is innocent." Henry says and Zatanna then confesses," By the way, did you know Emma actually wanted to take you out of Storybrooke so that you can live with us back in our apartment?"

Henry looks at her and he questions out," No! Why would she want to do that? Her family's right here."

" I don't know Henry. I managed to talk her out of it but it's just that this is no place for a kid. I can't get Emma to believe." Zatanna says and Henry convinces her," You just have to try. You are family Zatanna. Your sister needs you. I need you."

Zatanna smiles and she says," I got it. Speaking of which, you better go home. You got school tomorrow right?"

Henry nods and he rushes back, saying goodbye to Zatanna," Bye Zatanna."

As Henry leaves, Zatanna sits back and she looks up into the sky, speaking out," Oh Daddy, if only you were here. You would know what to do."

Past, The Enchanted Forest, King George's Castle

In the Courtyard, two guards are restraining Prince Charming.

King George steps towards him, standing over the prince as he begins to questions him," Do you really think that I would let you get away? Hmm? You had quite the adventure since then."

Prince Charming defiantly shouts," Whatever it is you're going to do to me, get on with it!"

The guards haul Prince Charming to his feet as King George angrily spat," I took you in as my son, and you betrayed me! I would have given you everything: crown, kingdom. All you had to do was marry King Midas' daughter. But you decided to follow "true love.""

Prince Charming declares out,"  Losing my life for love? That's a sacrifice I am happy to make."

" As you wish." King George signals his guards.

The two guards drag Prince Charming over to an anachronistic guillotine. King George sits on a golden throne that has been set up across from it for the occasion, ordering out," Release the blade."

The executioner pulls a cord and the blade falls, but halfway down it turns to water and splashes harmlessly on Prince Charming's neck. King George rises, shocked," What is the meaning of this?"

At that moment, the Evil Queen enters with two of her soldier, apologising to King George," Sorry to drop in on you."

King George looks at her, recognising her before questioning out," Regina. What do you want?"