Chapter 16: Heart of Darkness

Enchanted Forest. Past

In the Enchanted Forest, Prince Charming and Red Riding Hood are running, being persued by more of King George's knights.

Prince Charming the urges," Red, look out! We need to move. There's more of them!"

Red Riding Hood instructs him," Go. I'll take care of them."

Prince Charming objects," Red, I'm not leaving you."

Red Riding Hood says to him," Find Snow. That's all that matters. Find her!"

" What are you gonna do?" Prince Charming asks.

" I'm giving you a head start." That was all Red Riding Hood answers as she faces her approaching adversaries.

As King George's knights closes in, Red tosses away her cloak, her body shifting into a large wolf before lunging at them.

Present, Storybrooke, Sheriff Department.

At the Sheriff's Department, Emma is taking pictures of Mary Margaret as she instructs,
" Please turn to the right."

Mary Margaret shakes her head and she expresses out," Emma, this is a mistake. I didn't kill Kathryn."

Emma agrees," Of course you didn't. But while I am your friend, I am also the sheriff, and I have to go where the evidence leads."

" Which points to me? Emma, yesterday it was David. There's something not right here." Mary Margaret says and Emma adds," I know, but your fingerprints were on that box, and his are not... so now we have to deal with... this."

Mary Margaret shakes her head, refusing to believe what is happening," Evidence that says I cut out Kathryn's heart and buried it in the woods? This is insane."

Emma then frankly tells her," If I don't book you, with all this evidence, it's gonna look like favoritism. And then Regina will have cause and she will fire me, and then you know what she'll do? She'll bring in someone who will railroad you. So please, just try to be patient and trust me. But in the meantime, you need to bear with me. I have to ask you a few questions."

Mary Margaret shakes her head," This is crazy. I would never hurt anyone."

Zatanna says to Mary Margaret," We know. We just have to find out why. And how?"

Emma looks at Zatanna and she asks," What are you implying Zatanna?"

" The evidence may point to her but we have been seeing Mary Margaret for the past few days even during the time Kathryn went missing so it doesn't make sense for all this to happen." Zatanna says and Emma agrees," Yeah what you say make sense sis but there's not much we can do unless we can have proof about it."

" You know what, I'll try to find it." Zatanna then steps out of the Sheriff's office, leaving Emma and Mary Margaret alone.

Past, The Enchanted Forest, The cottage

Inside a cottage, a bird tweets a song as it flies into the window where Snow White smiles at it.

The bird approaches only for Snow White to suddenly raise up a broom and slamming it down.

The attack startled the bird as it flaps its wings flying as Snow White swings her broom with intend to kill it.

At that moment, Grumpy enters the room and upon seeing what Snow White is doing, he questions,
" Snow? What are you... what are you doing?"

Snow White answers while busy swatting at the bird,
" Getting rid of the vermin in this house. Yah!"