Chapter 19: The Stranger

Storybrooke. Present. Granny's Bed and Breakfast.

August Booth is in his room, fumbling to get out of bed.

After a great deal of difficulty and crashing into his dresser, he makes his way to a desk. He picks up the turns dial phone and dials only three numbers into it," Hey, you there?"

There is a pause as August listens before speaking out," Good. This is taking too long; we need to accelerate the plan."

Mr. Gold Pawnbroker & Antiquities Dealer.

August is speaking with Henry and Zatanna while hiding behind a bunch of crates.

August looks at his watch and he says," It's almost nine."

He turns to face Zatanna and Henry and he asks the two," You two all set? You know what to do?"

Henry nods," Operation Cobra is always ready. I just..."

" You just what?" August asks and Henry answers frankly," I don't understand what this has to do with getting Emma to believe."

August peers out around the crates before turning back to Henry, saying to him," Sometimes other priorities assert themselves. Can you handle a little improvisation?"

Henry nods," Yeah."

Zatanna also adds," I do acting before so improvisation is the first thing I learnt."

August smiles at the two," We're a go."

He pats Henry on the back as he runs across the street, into the pawn shop.

Inside

The bell of the front door rings as Henry and Zatanna walks inside.

Mr. Gold emerges from the back room, confused by the pair as Henry greets him," Hey, Mr. Gold!"

Mr. Gold greets them, Good morning, Miss Zatara, Henry. What can I do for you?"

" We would like to get a gift for Miss Blanchard." Zatanna says Mr. Gold raises an eye brow," Oh, I see."

" Since... she didn't kill that woman." Henry says and Mr. Gold simply nods," Good thinking."

Back

Meanwhile, August sneaks in through the back door to the back room while Henry looks through the shop and Zatanna and Mr. Gold are deep in their conversation.

He closes the door silently and begins wandering around the room.

Suddenly, Mr. Gold walks into the room, noticing August and he asks him," Can I help you?"

Surprised, August looks back and he quickly lies," Yeah... I'm looking for some maps. I'm a bit of a collector."

Mr. Gold looks at him and he says," Yes... well, there's maps through in the shop; this is my office."

" I thought this was the entrance..." August says and Mr. Gold abruptly tells him," It's not. The shops are in there."

He gestures with his cane through the door to the showroom.

August leaves, and Mr. Gold looks around suspiciously.

Storybrooke General Hospital.

Meanwhile in the hospital, Kathryn Nolan is awake and being assessed by Dr. Whale. Whale notices Emma Swan standing outside and he calls out to her," Emma. Come on in. Look who's awake."