Chapter 18: The Stable Boy

Present, Storybrooke, The Mayor's House.

Mayor Regina Mills is standing inside her house and looking out a window, tears flowing down her face as she tearfully reminisces over a ring.

" Remembrance of things past?" Regina jumps, shocked by the sudden intrusion of a voice before questioning out," What do you want?"

Mr. Gold who is standing behind her tells her," I need a favor."

Regina scoffs, turning around before addressing Mr. Gold," You need a favor from me?"

Mr. Gold then cuts to the chase," Well, as you know, there are battery charges against me, pending. I really don't relish the thought of spending any more time locked up in a cage. Now—someone with your influence could make the D.A. suddenly realize what a flimsy case they have."

He walks over to table, asking," Isn't that right... Your majesty?"

He picks up an apple and Regina asks him," What do I get out of it?"

Mr. Gold smirks," Help with your Mary Margaret problem. You see, I've noticed that no matter how hard you seem to try to stop them, she and her charming friend just keep finding ways to be together."

Regina sat down and she asks," What are you suggesting?"

" If you want to inflict pain..." Mr. Gold states, pointedly sets down the apple before sitting himself down, continuing his sentence," Then you must inflict pain. If something tragic... were to happen to David's wife, and if Mary Margaret should take the blame..."

Regina gasps," She'd be ruined."

Mr. Gold nods," And you'd have your victory, at last."

" A trial could be very messy." Regina points out but
Mr. Gold however, says," A trial? Now who said anything about a trial? No, once Miss Blanchard has been incarcerated, you can plant one of your lovely skeleton keys in her cell. And once she tries to leave Storybrooke, well... we all know what happens to people who attempt to leave town."

Regina leans forward, questioning Mr. Gold suspiciously," Give me one good reason why I should trust you."

Mr. Gold stands up, taking apple as he answers,
" Because I always honor my agreements. Do we have a deal?"

He tosses Regina the apple, which she catches with her hands.

Past, The Enchanted Forest, The Regina's Childhood Home.

A young Regina rides a horse on a training field by a small house.

Her father Henry watches Regina rides and he chuckles out, proud of his daughter," Yes!"

Regina finishes and as she dismounts, Henry compliments his daughter," Ahh, that's beautiful, sweetheart."

They share a hug and a kiss as Regina thanks her father," Oh, thank you, Daddy."

At that moment, Regina's mother, Cora and her fiancé Daniel approached and Cora scoffs out,
" Beautiful? I'd hardly call that beautiful."

Regina looks at her, asking," You didn't like it, mother?"

Cora criticises," You ride like a man. A lady should be graceful. You should use a saddle."

Regina chuckles out," I was just having fun."

" You're getting a little old for fun. Who's going to want to marry you when you behave like a commoner?" Cora harshly scolds Regina.

Henry advances a step, trying to defend his daughter," Honey, please leave her alone."