Chapter 6: The Shepherd

Storybrooke. Present. Nolan House

David Nolan and Kathryn Nolan are standing outside their house as she says to him," You know, you had the same look on your face before we bought it, too. You couldn't see past the ugly windmill on the lawn. And said you'd never buy an old lady house. Do you remember what made you change your mind?"

David answers," I see the windmill's gone."

Kathryn then urges him," Come on. Everyone's waiting."

Confused, David asks her," Who's everyone?"

They enter the house where David was welcomed by a cheering party of guests.

Kathryn introduces him to a man," This is Gene."

" Good to see you, David." Gene greets him.

David greets him back," How are you doing?"

Kathryn then introduces the woman next to Gene," And this is Ellen, his wife."

David smiles at her," Ellen, hi."

Ellen nods," Good to see you, too."

" And Frank."Frank welcomes David,"Welcome home, David."

David nods at Frank and he greets him,
" Hey."" Hey." Dr. Whale greets him back as Kathryn introduces him," Dr. Whale."

Dr. Whale waves at him," Hi, David."" Hi." David responds.

Dr. Whale says to him in an assuring tone," Look, I know this is a lot, but it's good for you. The smallest things can trigger your memories. Just try and have fun."

David nods," Thanks you Dr. Whale. I'll do my best."

In another part of the room, Henry turns to both Emma and Zatanna who are also in the house, asking them," You know why he doesn't remember? The curse isn't working on him yet."

Emma stares at him," Henry, David has amnesia."

" Which is preventing the curse from replacing his fairy tale story with fake memories." Henry states.

Emma spoke," Right, because everyone here has fake stories that prevent them from remembering who they really are."

Henry nods," Right, and now is our chance to help him. We just have to get him to remember that he's..."

" He's Prince Charming." Zatanna finishes his sentence.

Henry urges the two," We just have to jog his memory by getting him and Ms. Blanchard together."

Emma asks," Didn't we just try that?"

" And it woke him up." Henry points out.

David steps you to the two and he points out," Hey. You're the ones who saved me, right?"

Both Emma and Zatanna nods as David continues," And, uh, you're also the only one's I know here."

Zatanna welcomes him," You can hide with us."

David smiles at her," Fantastic."

He accepts some food from a tray, stabbing it with a toothpick and twirling it, thanking her,
" Thanks you."

Henry asks him," So, you ever use a sword?"

David laughs out, amused by the boy's question before turning to Emma," I'm sorry? Emma? You live with Mary Margaret, right? You know if she's coming tonight?"

Emma shakes her head," No, she couldn't make it."

" Oh." David sighs out in disappointment.

While David is in the midst of conversation, at the same time, Regina is in the kitchen with Kathryn.